Fram FPS9688 from ebay (Ultra XG9688)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Wednesday everyone!

Fram FPS9688 for Kia/Hyundai, for those who doesn't know it's the same as Ultra XG9688 but without suregrip.
Got it for in bulk from the ebay seller "tc14jr" for about $6 a piece, I was surprised that he's really into the filters and got lots of interesting info on Fram (like the Defense series for Canada which is the same as Extra Guard)
Posting some pictures of it, if you were looking for an excuse to get some Ultras for cheap- here it is. Seems like the FPS line is going away, won't be surprised to see it sold out by the end of the year.

Bonus images next to a Purolator Boss PBL14461 which I've got with an oil change special from AAP.

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Last edited:
Non standard date code on the FPS. Date of manufacture looks to be 01/19/17.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Is it a racing filter?

Not "necessarily" or specifically - - -

but I think the synthetic media with wire backing (Fram XG and FPS series) would be a better racing filter than the Fram HP series, quite honestly

ZeeOSix yeah I've got 8 FPS' and they all have 17 production year. And they do look brand new like directly from a factory

Funny but I just bought the same from the same seller when ebay had the 15% sale. Cant beat 6 filters for $30 shipped!

Originally Posted by SlavaB
ZeeOSix yeah I've got 8 FPS' and they all have 17 production year. And they do look brand new like directly from a factory

In two days you may celebrate their anniversary. Given day of the week and shift I would thought you have followed guidelines from Arthur Hailey's "Wheels"
grin2.gif

Primus I'm not really familiar with the "wheels", what was in those guidelines?

In fact, there are no guidelines in a direct sense, but the novel describes quality issues at Detroit's Big Three and reasons why cars assembled on Monday and Friday were inferior in quality. It seems Tuesday was also mentioned. Monday morning was the most critical time. Cars ordered by important clients were assembled on Wednesday and Thursday.

The industry still claims this was a myth, but in 80th I had a "pleasure" to work 14 months on tractors' assembling line and may confirm that at least claims on Monday and Tuesday were fully valid for the USSR industry too. The absenteeism on Fridays were quite rare in the SU, but may be because all employees were paid by the day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Primus

In fact, there are no guidelines in a direct sense, but the novel describes quality issues at Detroit's Big Three and reasons why cars assembled on Monday and Friday were inferior in quality. It seems Tuesday was also mentioned. Monday morning was the most critical time. Cars ordered by important clients were assembled on Wednesday and Thursday.

The industry still claims this was a myth, but in 80th I had a "pleasure" to work 14 months on tractors' assembling line and may confirm that at least claims on Monday and Tuesday were fully valid for the USSR industry too. The absenteeism on Fridays were quite rare in the SU, but may be because all employees were paid by the day.

I believe this is true. I had two vehicles which sometimes made noise on hard stops. When I had to fix the windows, I found a Coke bottle in one of the doors and a socket in the other door. I asked a mechanic friend and he said they were both made on Friday and shipped on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back