Not open for further replies.
How about a Lexus?
laugh.gif

1508950417026.jpg

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Yep, I agree. Time to let Gillette go.

Why so?

I dumped Gillette when they lowered their prices after pressure from Dollar Shave Company. Made it clear to me that they've been overcharging for their blades. Hey, I'm a free market capitalist. They can charge whatever they want. They charged so much, it left the door open for other companies to undercut them.

Plus, I hate the Patriots.

Originally Posted by nthach

Why so?

A certain commercial I won't go into here, but Gillette has always been on the pricey side of things, even at Costco. I use Harry's from Target, I switched over a year ago. I haven't looked back.

Both reasons. Way too expensive, and while thieir commercial rightly condemns some bad behaviors, I have concerns about a deeper agenda they might be peddling.

Gillette has always been on the pricey side of things, even at Costco. I use Harry's from Target, I switched over a year ago. I haven't looked back.

I always bought them online. Used to get them on eBay but then realized that most of them are probably either stolen or fakes so I stopped. The ones I did end up getting all worked fine so either they were good fakes or stolen. Amazon has good sales once in a while and you can get them for under $2 a razor. They're always top dollar when you buy them retail which I never do.

Originally Posted by Leo99

Why so?

I dumped Gillette when they lowered their prices after pressure from Dollar Shave Company. Made it clear to me that they've been overcharging for their blades. Hey, I'm a free market capitalist. They can charge whatever they want. They charged so much, it left the door open for other companies to undercut them.

Plus, I hate the Patriots.
I think Procter & Gamble owns Gilette now, the story on their ridiculous recent commercial mentioned it. I just take the clippers down to stubble every few days, everybody has facial hair now.

I have used the Panasonic shavers for years now. They can be used dry or wet.

The disposable blades are expensive and a waste. If you prefer a blade shave there are plenty of options including double edge blades online.

I've been using a Merkur 34C for about 25 years. My current DE blade choice is Feather. The 34C currently costs about $45 (I paid $20 in the early 90s) and the Feather blades work out to 25 cents each. I can get almost two weeks out of a Feather blade.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Gillette has always been on the pricey side of things, even at Costco. I use Harry's from Target, I switched over a year ago. I haven't looked back.

I always bought them online. Used to get them on eBay but then realized that most of them are probably either stolen or fakes so I stopped. The ones I did end up getting all worked fine so either they were good fakes or stolen. Amazon has good sales once in a while and you can get them for under $2 a razor. They're always top dollar when you buy them retail which I never do.
I saw the Harry's razors at Target when I bought my Fusion handle with 2 blades a couple of weeks ago. Almost bought the Harry's then. Will try the Harry's next time.

Originally Posted by DBMaster
I've been using a Merkur 34C for about 25 years. My current DE blade choice is Feather. The 34C currently costs about $45 (I paid $20 in the early 90s) and the Feather blades work out to 25 cents each. I can get almost two weeks out of a Feather blade.

Got my first Merkur last year. Don't travel with it, but use it with the brush and cream while at home, taking my time.

A solid, well-crafted tool.

I was inspired by an episode of "How Things are Made" on Science Channel...I'll pause for everyone to laugh at me, but I'm quite happy with the razor....

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Dollar General blue double blade 5 for $1 pack.

I bought some imitation razors from DG not long ago. For the price, I figured 'what the h*ll". They were .... okay. No way did they compare to the good razors though. They might be okay for some people and as much as I dislike spending money on the overpriced, brand-name razors, they're clearly better for me.

I had 2 packs of Gillette double edge blades and as soon as I saw the commercial I tossed them away and bought me 10 packs of Feather...a big middle finger to Gilette...

Originally Posted by DBMaster

Ditto!

Which is better, Harry's or Dollar Shave Club? Been thinking on switching for a while. Not really about the commercial. I just think that it's really irresponsible to put something out like that. Lots of ramifications of butting your nose into someone else's business (violence for one).

I got totally fed up paying for high priced razors about 3 years ago. On a whim, I bought a $4 DE razor from Russia (an old style Gillette clone)
I will never go back.

The latest Gillette ad campaign undertones just enforce my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back