Alternative to Gillette Fusion razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the Fusion for years but feel the need for a change. Any suggestions for a Gillette replacement?

Originally Posted by gman2304
Any suggestions for a Gillette replacement?
I replaced my Gillette Fusion with a Panasonic ES-LA63 a few years ago, and haven't looked back.

I have been buying my razors/blades from Costco lately, they have one called the Edge, which I'm pretty sure is a Schick Quattro relabeled, but the price is really good, you get a razor and 17 extra blades for around $20.

I use Personna Double Blade 10 pack disposables from the 99 Cent Store that in my experience last longer than the $10+ packages of these blades from Gillette, Schick, and whomever else.

If I can get 3 shaves per shaver ( YMMV ) then they're considerably cheaper ( and in a 10 pack ) have only a little less longevity than the packaged, overpriced 17 blade "Extreme" cartridges or similar that the majors sell in a five pack. I used to like these type of cartridges but I came to the realization that I'm better off either using a safety razor or disposables considering the limited lifespan of these things that I'm spending $15 dollars a crack for....I typically didn't find the blade quality to be worth the money in relation to the alternatives.

Originally Posted by Vuflanovsky
I use Personna Double Blade 10 pack disposables from the 99 Cent Store that in my experience last longer than the $10+ packages of these blades from Gillette, Schick, and whomever else.

All you need for all but endless close comfortable shaves. All those multi blade razors are nothing but overpriced rip offs.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Mens-Shaving-Hair-Removal-Products/Personna-Double-Razor-Blades-Count/B0077LAJT2/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547745940&sr=8-3&keywords=personna%2Bdouble%2Bedge%2Brazor%2Bblades&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Oak-Leaf-But...p;sr=1-19&keywords=double+edge+razor

I've tried some other brands and always end up going back to the Fusion. They last the longest and are easiest to navigate around my face. I buy them at Costco when they go on sale.

One thing I've found that really extends the life of the blades is to dry them with a towel after each use.

I left those other brands and went with the Harry's brand (available at Tar-Zhay) and will never go back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
I left those other brands and went with the Henry brand (available at Tar-Zhay) and will never go back.

Harry's?

Wifes BIC disposable blades work for me, smoothest shave for a disposable
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Yep, I agree. Time to let Gillette go.

Why so?

A certain commercial I won't go into here, but Gillette has always been on the pricey side of things, even at Costco. I use Harry's from Target, I switched over a year ago. I haven't looked back.

Originally Posted by Bud_One
Originally Posted by Leo99
I quit Gillette a few years ago. Try Dorco. They are just a hair inferior to Gillette but a lot less expensive. I like the 6 blade Dorco.

https://www.dorcousa.com/pace-6-plus-combo-set/

+1

+2 - I find the Pace 4 is a good compromise between shave comfort and cost. They are slightly inferior to Gillette, but I only shave my neck now. No neck beard for me...

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Dollar General blue double blade 5 for $1 pack.

I get mine at Dollar Tree. 10 double blades for a buck. They give a surprisingly close shave for a dime. Much better than the 'cheapie' blades at Walmart. However, I do not use them more than one time. I tried to use one 3 times and was 'rewarded' by a face full of nicks. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back