Pics, ONE oil change in 45K miles (2015 Kia Optima 2.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Came to the dealership for touch up paint and this car was sitting in front of a service bay. The Certified Tech working on it, oddly enough is an old buddy. After catching up, he shared this story...
-One owner car bought in 2014.
-Owner just moved down from Maryland.
-Engine gave up the ghost a week ago.
-Lady supplied fake receipts for oil changes she found templates for online.
-Service writer and Tech said Kia will investigate so be honest. She then came clean.
-Only documented oil change was at 12K miles with Quaker State 5w-30 / OEM Filter.
- KIA IS COVERING THE ENG REPLACEMENT, NO CHARGE TO OWNER. WOW!

20190117_113019.jpg

20190117_112741.jpg

20190117_112641.jpg

20190117_112704.jpg

20190117_112620.jpg

20190117_112630.jpg

20190117_112718.jpg

She should have been charged with fraud.

I would have expected that Kia could have made her pay at least 50% of the cost of the work. A soft judge might have made her pay for at least all the oil changes she missed.

She will not learn from this kind offer.

My thoughts:
* I agree she should be arrested for fraud and forgery
* Kia owes her nothing
* She deserves to be stranded on the side of the road on a dark rainy night
* Just one more example of why I NEVER buy used cars.

Originally Posted by Propflux01
I wonder if the dealer informed KIA that the lady forged the oil paperwork?

Probably not. KIA pays for the new engine and they earn a bunch of brownie points with the customer.

She definitely got away with that one.. She shouldn't have though, I mean, how dumb.

The engine looks surprisingly clean for 33k on one oil change.

Hopefully this will put some of the "Hyundai/Kia are notorious for weaseling out of warranty work" comments that are posted on here.

I don't think she deserved what she got, but hopefully she will learn from this and take better care of that car.

Wow, some of those people think the car just works on magic. Next, they will expect gas to be refueled automagically too

Congrats, Kia. Nothing is free, so in the grand scheme of things, everyone buying a new Kia helped pay for that.

Sad. Honesty is just not valued by many people anymore.

Wow, I'm impressed the dealership gave her the opportunity to come clean before submitting to Kia. While I don't condone her behavior one bit, I think it takes some serious integrity for them as a dealership to tell essentially tell her, "Hey, we know you're lying so we're going to give you one opportunity to come clean or face the ramifications."

With that being said, I can't believe Kia approved the engine repair. That sets a horrible precedent. Also, am I the only one that was expecting it to look much worse?

Originally Posted by RamFan
Wow, I'm impressed the dealership gave her the opportunity to come clean before submitting to Kia. While I don't condone her behavior one bit, I think it takes some serious integrity for them as a dealership to tell essentially tell her, "Hey, we know you're lying so we're going to give you one opportunity to come clean or face the ramifications."

With that being said, I can't believe Kia approved the engine repair. That sets a horrible precedent. Also, am I the only one that was expecting it to look much worse?

Not really, we don't know what the dealer told the corporate to get the warranty repair approved. That is why it's funny seeing people wanting to charge the lady with fraud, yet we have no clue what fairy tale the dealer sold to the corporate.

Originally Posted by SilverSnake
My thoughts:
* I agree she should be arrested for fraud and forgery
* Kia owes her nothing
* She deserves to be stranded on the side of the road on a dark rainy night
* Just one more example of why I NEVER buy used cars.

^^^^This! Every single item! This!

What she did was the same as insurance fraud.

Scott

Originally Posted by addyguy
See, Quaker State sludges up engines, proof right there.

LOL as far as I see there was only one documented Quaker State Oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back