Suzuki Jimny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see "everything" sold here as greater selection yields downward pressure on prices overall.

I looked them up and the vehicle has been around since 1970. I read fast but if I read correctly the original one saw 20 years of production.

Slow, square rugged box.
Having a No. American version would require changing the rear swing-hatch hinge to the other side. Make any auto a modern 5 or 6 speed.

BLACK EYE TIME: The BOZO designers added a cheap touch screen and lousy GPS, according to the article I read.

That's ironic because Suzuki opted for manual heater controls over an ACC system.

Worthless, dippy-doo touch screens. It shows you how foolish they think we are.

For yrs, I would drive past this yellow trucklet that looked like a 7/8 scale Willys pickup. It was a Suzuki that a Navy guy brought home from Guam. My BIL had a Tracker with a 3 spd auto. It was slow, duh, and noisy, but it could go any where a Wrangler could go. Its not a daily driver its a toy car for fun.

Personally I like the small boxy solid axle ute! It would need a manual tranny. As far as the touch screen...I think they should be outlawed altogether anyway IMO. They force U to look down and away from the road, dumb! More dangerous than a cell phone.

Last edited:
Suzuki had the Jimmy for sale here in Northamerica, but a few years back they stopped selling it here due to low sales, Suzuki's market in general is not Northamerica so they don't spend money to adjust their vehicles to our standards more than they must. Their worldwide sales though are quite good.

It is basically an updated version of the old samurai, which got a raw BS deal for rollover crashes when cranking the wheel at high speed duh.

I'd LOVE to see these sold here. Give me the most basic one with a manual, please! What a fun toy that thing would be off-road!

Last edited:
Suzuki makes good, 'cute' vehicles - the 1980's Samurai and Swift were great.

My folks had a 2002 Aerio that was very good to them over 140k miles, so was the SX-4 that followed it.

Really wish Suzuki would bring cars back to NA...a 'modern' Samurai? Where do I sign?

Originally Posted by Kira
I'd like to see "everything" sold here as greater selection yields downward pressure on prices overall.

...and overall better products.

Count me in if they were available here, but I suspect an Americanized version would be a bit more soft and luxurious then the bare bone models available globally. Still be fun though.

Been following this vehicle for a while, it looks like it could be fun, you'd probably have to administer a common sense test prior to purchase to weed out the.... . Remember the Samurai debacle?

Originally Posted by ridgerunner
Anyone else like to see it sold here in the US of A?

It was sold here as the Samurai, and it was a great car for what it was.

Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons (it wasn't a huge, macho truck for insecure men and Consumer Reports literally committing libel against Suzuki) it didn't sell that well. Given as Suzuki has exited the US entirely, I doubt we'd ever see it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back