Air Fryer....whose got'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one for Christmas from a close family friend. Didn't think much about it, so daughter and tried it out and made our own French fries....HOLY COW BATMAN...those were the BOMB!!! Just cut the potatoes and put in a bowl, a little olive oil and some salt, mixed it all up and cooked them. They were so good. Wanting to try some chicken and other stuff, but curious....who else has one and uses it?

My aunt (the one with the dead Nissan CVT) has the Big Boss Air Fryer and swears by it. She's on her second bulb in it now and it's great, that said I never bought one.

Air fryers and crock pots have something in common. The food that comes out of them is never as good as the people that cooked it say it is.

We use ours all the time.
We are actually on the second. The first was one of the no-name (but highly rated) off of Amazon.
The second is a Philips. It's the ticket.

Yup, we have a T-Fal model. Used it a couple times and liked it. Should probably use it more often, but to be honest, I forget I have it half the time.

As a single guy that rarely cooks, it's a godsend. I can do everything the oven does without the price tag of heating it up. About the only thing I use it for now is frozen pizza.

I bought the most basic air fryer I could find and I love it. Made chicken strips last night, took 7 minutes from drop to ding.

I have a counter top convection oven, probably 15? years old, use it exclusively for baking, anything that would go in to an oven, chicken, pies, vegetables, pork chops, steaks. Do I need an air fryer?

After I got to looking at the inards......it's nothing but an electric stove top coil with a big fan on top to blow that heat down. Very similar to a fan forced oven. However, it takes half the time to use as an oven and heats up way quicker.

Originally Posted by hatt
Air fryers and crock pots have something in common. The food that comes out of them is never as good as the people that cooked it say it is.

Same with any other "Fancy" cooking method
laugh.gif
most people grow up on bland food so when they make something "decent" in their slow cooker/air fryer their taste buds explode.

Some Crock pot dishes do come out great some times but others just "Ok".

[censored] I even made sous vided Ropa Veja, cooked it for 24hr using a super popular online recipe that everyone raves about... but, my moms Ropa Veja which she cooks in a pot destroys it without even using MSG
laugh.gif

(Ribeyes/steaks are amazing Sous vide tho :D)

I got one and I like it. Use it 3 or 4 times a week. Like any other tool it is only as good as the person using it. I probably use mostly for vegetables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back