Look at this blast from the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found these while wandering through the local Orscheln. PP 10W30 API SM! These things HAVE to be at least 8 years old, maybe more? I've never seen the shiny silver labels. As a side note, the shelves at this store are still loaded with Rotella T6 that is dual-rated SM as well! That store has really taken a beating on inventory turnover, as I also found Quaker State AD, Valvoline MaxLife, and maybe a couple others that were all SM-rated, and labels I'd never seen. I felt so sorry for them I gave the PP 10W30 a new home, finally!
lol.gif

I know it's completely pointless, but for S&G, I've poured a sample I will send in for VOA. I'll use this for any top-ups needed on the Outback since it only required SM. Enjoy!

PP10W30.PNG

back label.PNG

Was/is there any additive separation/fallout in the bottles?

I've heard of additive falling out of suspension, PYB(PureBase)

I believe Platinum came out in 2005, so seeing as how the label says "New!", it appears you have a quite a relic here. I think it's cool that you've having a VOI done on it and I look forward to seeing the results.

BTW Adam you'd love this place- they've got at least 4 different "big name" oils that are 10W40!

Didn't check the first one for additive fallout, I shook it before I poured it out. I will try to pour the 2nd one out without disturbing the bottom and will report back at some point.

Oh yeah demar, it already got added to my makeup stash. I pulled the VOA sample from the first bottle, so I shook it for about 90 seconds before opening. Hopefully the results are interesting!

I plan on picking up a couple jugs of the CJ/SM RT6 as well, since my Forester ran extremely well on it when I first bought the car, and experienced no consumption either.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
BTW Adam you'd love this place- they've got at least 4 different "big name" oils that are 10W40!

Didn't check the first one for additive fallout, I shook it before I poured it out. I will try to pour the 2nd one out without disturbing the bottom and will report back at some point.

Don't be hating on me using 10w40 oils sir
wink.gif

I'm using harvest king 5w20 at the present. I don't have a Orschelins around
frown.gif

I'm not hating on anything. I was AMAZED at how fluid the 10W30 Platinum was last night in 22* weather... it poured WAY quicker and smoothly than the 10W30 Chevron Delo XLE, very similarly to the 5W20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum I sent in for VOAs last week.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I'm not hating on anything. I was AMAZED at how fluid the 10W30 Platinum was last night in 22* weather... it poured WAY quicker and smoothly than the 10W30 Chevron Delo XLE, very similarly to the 5W20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum I sent in for VOAs last week.

I'm anxious to see a vow of that PP 10w30
smile.gif

I have to mess with ya Chris
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back