It's January and I Need My Motorcycling "Therapy" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on the Guzzi in 'bout a month+. And when I was before that, just barely an hour's local ride in marginal temps w/ winter's dreary scenery.

Got spring fever already. Craving those rides through the country side where all the spring scents fill your helmet and life is bustin' out all over.

Daytona bike week starts March 7th....if you can wait. I rode in our annual polar bear ride on New Year's Day...temp was 64 degrees!

I rode the other day when it was cloudy and 35*F out. Wasn't bad. Worst part is just the lack of limberness because you're cold.

It's snowing here. I took the KTM 550 MXC out and wheelied up and down the road a few times.
grin.gif

And I got a new helmet. I love the smell of a new helmet.

Yup, move south, winter is riding season for most down here.
More bikes on the road in December than July, for some they just don't like the heat.
My ride in this morning was a nice cool 54°F (although it is raining now so will be a little wet going home). Supposed to hit 70° later this week, then down to the low 30's by the weekend.
Below freezing is my cutoff temp, I don't like ice and 2 wheels.

Youtube is where I get my therapy from during the long winter months...tons of content on there....that, plus hanging out in my garage with a beer staring longingly at my bike gets me through the winter. It's been almost 2 months siince my last ride.

Originally Posted by KzMitch
Originally Posted by Bud
Move down my way. You can ride year around.

No you can't.
Texas is too hot in the summer.

Real men do!
I ride year round with jacket, gloves and full face helmet.

Originally Posted by Bud

No you can't.

Pablum. I rode the gulf coast to Houston in July!

Originally Posted by Bud

No you can't.

It's never too hot to ride. And if it's too cold, that's the universe telling you to move somewhere warmer!

Loneranger

I feel your pain.
Couldn't ride lately but yesterday i helped a friend empty out a garage of a fellow Guzzi rider who recently passed on.
2006 EV 1100.

That was the final bike to go but the only one i was involved with.
The other bikes were.
1997 centauro
Honda 1100 4 cyl ( Cafe touring style)
Bueal --spelling .

Even though it wasnt a bike ride it was bikr related.
20 deg at the time in centeral Ct.

TOMB
also on Wildgoose chase

Last edited:
I'm also getting twichie!
Trailered my BMW GS along with the wife, 2 dogs & stuff to Texas then California from Massachusetts to spend the winter and the weathers not cooperated.
Bikes still in trailer nice & dry calling me out to talk now & then.
Just had severe weather blow thru the area with localized flooding.
If I was home she'd be on the lift getting a massage.
90cummins

Just got back from a short 40 mile ride. I wore my Gerbing battery powered vest and was quite comfortable at 40 degrees F. The rechargeable battery is good for about 3 hours on the high setting.

The ride before the last one I took, was the oil change ride-in-- that one was about two hours. I call the ride right after an oil change the oil change ride-in. Wash that engine down inside with clean hot oil for couple hrs before the real cold weather sets in !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back