M1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not one of the Mobil 1 products formulated for runs that long … from a practical standpoint you can't sample and test the oil often enough catching the rapid onset of oxidation/TAN problems or loss of TBN …
Lots of money on filters and UOA's etc …

6C4529BB-1B40-454C-98A8-720FD84BD72F.jpeg

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
It is very interesting to me that XOM tells us in their chart that M1 AP shears down faster than the competition...

Very, Very, VERY little actual science or facts were taken into account when the "marketing dept." artist made that!

The reason I posted was to graphically convey what can happen trying to run M1 0w40 too long … the thread moved right after I posted and just realized this lived a while longer …

Not sure about the "pen and cheek" comments … Son of Joe has addressed this shearing hysteria plenty …
To me, that just makes the composite more realistic … or have you forgotten what vehicles did the test …

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
It is very interesting to me that XOM tells us in their chart that M1 AP shears down faster than the competition...

Very, Very, VERY little actual science or facts were taken into account when the "marketing dept." artist made that!

How do you know that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back