Elf 4T moto tech 10w50 is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I went to oil store to get the Oil for my R1200gsa lc, at first my thought would get at Motul 7100 Ester but is a bit pricey so i aim for Amsoil 4t 10w40 but the store is recommending Elf 4t motoech 10w50 he said is good and reasonable price. The price is quite good, but i found no review nor rating of this oil only know that is synthetic and group 3 base. Anyone has use it before? Please review and advise. Oh i forgot to mention i use it in Thailand hot and humid temperature is from 20 to 50C all year Thank you so much

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
prolly a good oil + being a 50 warm beats a 40 unless its cooler. amsoil prolly group III at least partially + overpriced as well. i like synthetic 15-50's myself for all around protection. prefer group IV + V but used other group III's without issue, + like most look for a better value. many use cheap mobil I 15-50 not motorcycle specific but its not energy conserving + likely ok as well

If its genuine Elf- the same as the oil company, then it should be fine. I would check their website for the specs. I do not recall Elf oils being available in US or Canada.

That is the old elf aquitane logo … TFE never really marketed much in the US … Total is trying a bit harder …

I had been using elf moto 4 XT tech 10-50 for few year and it was excellent.

this was a full synthetic oil but unfortutely, they have replace it with a semi synth version in europe.

Depending on what bike you ride, if your version is FS, then I would forget abput all the others. Excellent oil.

MOTOREX Boxer 4T is supposedly designed specifically for boxer engines. So of course you have to use it, right.

You have a air oil cooled 1200 or a water 1200.

The air oil is not at all hard on oil, you can use any XXW50 oil year round, 5W40 rotella starts best in the winter but no good for hot above 80F ish temps.

The water is a different animal, with shared sump you need a 10W40 MA2 oil Any good 10W40 motorcycle oil is OK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
MOTOREX Boxer 4T is supposedly designed specifically for boxer engines. So of course you have to use it, right.

You have a air oil cooled 1200 or a water 1200.

I have both R ninet Air oil cool this one i plan to use Amsoil V twin or may be elf 4t still decide but the price of elf 4t is half of Amsoil v twin..

For Water cool R1200gsa now i'm using Elf 4t.. but still looking for a better quality with reasonable price oil..
At the moment i notice that elf is alright but i'll have to wait until next week to be certain after a very long trip then i can confirm.
Also i've been using MOtul 7100 Ester.. but now is produce in Vietnam and many people doubt its quality.. ..not sure..
or i'd go for Amsoil 10w40 instead..

MOTOREX Boxer 4 <-- super expensive in my country..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back