Factory service manuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best bet for factory service manuals these days? I used to be able to access the professional Chilton online manuals which were great, but the library switched to AutoMATE which...isn't great. I see tons of CD options on ebay but I am willing to bet many are not what they claim to be. How about some of the subscription services? I have a large repair coming up so I don't mind spending a couple bucks if its worth it but I also need to save any penny I can.

What car? Mercedes puts their repair manuals in a program called WIS and yeah, people on eBay sell knock offs of it for $10 and they do work.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
If it is for your Ford, Helm Publications is the publisher for all of their manuals. www.helminc.com

Guilty... Sure is. I know FordMakULoco has comprehensive videos on this (and I've watched them start to finish) but I want a reference none the less. Plus if I know the other half she won't let me sell the [censored] thing once its working again
eek.gif

Our library here has Alldata and I've found it quite good.

If your local switched to something else, maybe you could go to the local community college library and ask?!? Maybe a long shot...

Originally Posted by buck91
If it is for your Ford, Helm Publications is the publisher for all of their manuals. www.helminc.com

Guilty... Sure is. I know FordMakULoco has comprehensive videos on this (and I've watched them start to finish) but I want a reference none the less. Plus if I know the other half she won't let me sell the [censored] thing once its working again
eek.gif

Or you know if you are looking for something right away, PM me your email and the last 8 of the VIN and I will see what I can send you directly from the FSM.

Or you know if you are looking for something right away, PM me your email and the last 8 of the VIN and I will see what I can send you directly from the FSM.

I've been looking for how to remove/replace the fuel "filler pocket" with no luck. Could you help with that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back