Which cars do you regret selling the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '86 W126 Mercedes, the 420SEL, I still miss. I "sold" it to the insurance company when they reckoned it totaled after a possibly drunk and probably cell phone-yakking teenager banged it up while it was parked. I wouldn't miss the 18 mpg on premium gas, though.

And the Buick Park Avenue, '03, not the supercharged model but the intermediate with almost all the features, dark gray over cream, with chrome factory wheels. Two hundred hp from the 3800 V-6, and it still got 30 mpg on the highway on regular fuel. I've seen a few around here still. Most look unkempt, like a longhaired cat whose family don't bother to groom him. It's a shame; they don't know what a good vehicle they have.

I sure miss my first car, a 1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 in all of it's Mustard Yellow glory. I bought it when I was 15, in 1985... it only had 56,000 miles on it. I sold it when I was 21 because it needed some work and I wanted a motorcycle. One of my all time dumbest decisions. So many adventures in her.

The only vehicle I regret selling was my 79 Ford F100. I paid $200 for it. Kept it 2 years but only had it on the road for a couple months. I couldn't afford to keep insurance on more than one vehicle at the time and it didn't get very good mileage at 70+mph on the highway. Nowadays, it'd be perfect since I'm living in town near where I work. I sold it for $600, running good but needed a lot of body work.

The rest of my vehicles I got rid of because they were getting way too rusty, or the 2000 Cavalier I bought from my best friend didn't save enough gas to cover the extra insurance to run it and my Cutlass.

My 1974 Pontiac Grand Prix Model J, loved that car and it rode like dream on the freeways, had the 400/400 drive train, thing was a land yacht. Traded it in on my current 83 Silverado.
frown.gif

'13 F150 I let go about 10 months ago. Although I love the 4Runner (bought because it fits a family of 4 plus stuff) the truck was what I'd wanted and I was quite happy with it.

73 Plymouth barracuda with 318. Needed $$ for college. Sold for $2k in 1984 with about 80k miles on it.

I've honestly went through too many cars, especially in my early 20's. Couple come to mind though; i had a '98 ES300 that i loved as a commuter car. I sold my F-100 out of desperation which was incredibly hard since it was my grandpas. However, fate intervened and I found her again and bought it back. She'll be going nowhere now
smile.gif

Back in 2016 when I worked at a Chevy dealer in CA.

They had a SUPER CLEAN 1 owner 2001 Sierra ext cab 2WD 4.8 233K miles come in on trade that was about to go to auction. My salesman buddy mentioned it to me and I snagged it for $2000 out the door.(Used car manager liked me lol)

Then sadly had a family emergency back in OK and had to move back ASAP, So..............bye bye went the Sierra
frown.gif

I did make $2000 profit selling it on what I had invested in it, But still biggest regret ever made selling that truck

Dave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have the same truck but a 5.3 and rusted out cab corners and rocker panels. It was one of our work trucks (for land surveying). It was a great truck but didn't get enough undercoating. Now I'm pulling the 5.3/4L60E to swap in my Caprice eventually and part out the rest for a profit.

My 1969 VW Bug, in 2006. It was my first car, and my mom convinced me to sell it when I went away to college because I needed something "more reliable." She gave me her 2002 Corolla instead, but that thing was a POS in every way.

1996 Jeep Cherokee 4x4. 130k miles in near perfect condition. I sold it in 2011 for $2800 and I am still kicking myself.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
I have the same truck but a 5.3 and rusted out cab corners and rocker panels. It was one of our work trucks (for land surveying). It was a great truck but didn't get enough undercoating. Now I'm pulling the 5.3/4L60E to swap in my Caprice eventually and part out the rest for a profit.

Ya they dont hold up very well in "rust zones", Same goes for the late model S10's, Nice ones with no rust go for $$$$$

I'm from Chicago and looked around for them over there and most had fuel/brake line issues due to rust

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back