*10 min oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed he can be annoying. Especially from a full grown man, of presumed age & alleged stature, when he shouts, "YESSSSS!" or "STRALIA!" and "Retardistan or $#!+sville" etc. I could do without all that. However, I do like his knowledge of the automotive industry. So, I can often look past the immaturity and listen to him subjectively.

Last edited:
An oil pump which can lose its prime.....VERY GOOD to know about.

I never felt it was advisable or necessary to let a car drip for hours-frequently left unattended.

Like so many videos, it's WAY too long for the info provided.

It's never good when a videographer sounds like he has fallen in love with his own voice.

I drain the oil then walk away and do something else. Comeback later sometimes an hour later the finish the job. 26 years and 167,000 miles later the truck still runs fine though I did replace the oil and water pump 5 years ago when I replaced the timing chain because I was in there. A visual inspection of the oil pump showed no signs of wear and oil pressure held steady within Toyota's specs.

I've always done my own oil changes and I wait until it starts dripping to close off my Fumoto valve or put back in the drain plug so it might be 5 minutes total. There is no way I wait an hour or more and I haven't had any issues. 300K miles on my Santa Fe and lots of miles on previous vehicles and exactly 0 issues.

10-15 min max when draining the oil. all the while looking the car over and checking the fluids and air filter, have a beer.
cheers3.gif

If you have a Ford Ecoboost engine, it should drain 20-30 minutes hot due to all the oil trapped in the engine components that drain down slowly. That is if you want to drain enough not to over fill it with the recommended re fill amount. I shudder to thing how much over filled are EB engines are due to "quick" oil fill drains, even at Ford dealers.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Malo83
10-15 min max when draining the oil. all the while looking the car over and checking the fluids and air filter, have a beer.
cheers3.gif

^^^^^^^

Right on... Except I have a root beer
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back