2019 (2020?) RAM HD Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, besides not being sure what model year they are actually going to call it (it has been referred to as a 2020 in previous articles), I am genuinely excited.

400 hp 1000 lb-ft of torque, 43k GCVWR, 35,100 lb max tow rating, 7680 lb max payload rating. It might be time to sell the '17 Dually...

2019 RAM HD Truck

2019-ram-3500-hd-dually-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering when 1,000 ft lbs would come along. Read an article about the torque wars starting back at 400 ft lbs and escalating over the years. The travel trailers grew bigger along with the torque ratings. Next stop, 1200 ft lbs. ( lb-ft)

Last edited:
No single cab. That's probably going to hurt their market share.

Around here, 90% of work trucks are single cab with either a long bed or some sort of utility box on it.

It seems all the manufacturers are going to that high nose front grill look. It gives the trucks a baby semi look.

Transmission technology will have to come alot further in order for torque to go much further. Not impossible at all. Heck, they might even be able to do it tomorrow.

I'm not a huge fan of the styling, but I'm liking the specs.

To get to all these numbers, Ram had to upgrade a number of components. Cooling being the biggest factor in towing, the grille is now 30 percent larger to get as much air as possible through the largest radiator and intercooler Ram has ever offered.

Hrm. Sounds like it's less of a styling issue, and more of a function issue. That engine must generate a mountain of heat when at full bore, so probably a necessity.

On my '17 Dually, the projector headlights work well. These adaptive LED headlights should be even better. I think it looks good.

Originally Posted by Miller88
No single cab. That's probably going to hurt their market share.

Around here, 90% of work trucks are single cab with either a long bed or some sort of utility box on it.

You can get the Regular (single) cab in the Tradesman and Big Horn trim levels.

Originally Posted by Milkman
43k GCVWR

Isn't that into CDL category ?

It depends on your State laws, and what you are doing. Private use or commercial, etc.

It looks good but i'm going to wait until they hit 2,000lb ft of torque. Seriously though until they put the Cummins in an F350 that Ram would be my #1 pick for a one ton.

Not the biggest fan of the huge chrome grill but I think it is the cleanest looking truck of the bunch. The Rams have been for a while. The GM and Ford trucks have just been hideous in my opinion. Trucks are vehicles that usually hold their value longer and IMO the styling should be more conservative. The GMT400 trucks come to mind, as a good clean condition one still looks great today.

GMT400 at it's pinnacle was the cleanest of the cleanest designs ever. Will take an alignment of all of the stars and planets to ever have another design that good.

The latter GM trucks were not bad to look at, but never really got it together.

Towing at the maximum tow rating. Having been on the Grapevine, it seems to be handling 35k+ lbs well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back