Magazine reloader for SR22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reloading the magazines for my Ruger SR22 is killing my thumb. Anyone have a suggestion for a magazine reloader tool that'll work with an SR22 pistol?

Originally Posted by Kira
All that thing does is hold the follower down, correct?

Correct. It does what it hurts your thumb to do by giving you increased leverage. They won't work on the Beretta Model 87 Target and Cheetah .22 magazines. Because they don't have protruding tabs sticking out of the side of the magazine body like the Browning, Ruger. and Smith & Wesson's do. For my .22 Beretta's I purchased a "Baby Uplula", (.22 to .380), loader. They compress the cartridge into the magazine, and allow you to drop the next round in on top of it. They work exactly like the standard 9 MM and .45 ACP Uplula mag loaders do.

Wow, I just packed up my range bag and decided to take the SR22 after not shooting it in quite a while. I've never really had an issue loading, I feel it's one of the easiest to load, the follower spring is pretty soft compared to any of my center fire magazines, especially with the tab on the side to pull down. I use an Uplula for all my center fire magazines.

Originally Posted by EdwardC
Wow, I just packed up my range bag and decided to take the SR22 after not shooting it in quite a while. I've never really had an issue loading, I feel it's one of the easiest to load, the follower spring is pretty soft compared to any of my center fire magazines, especially with the tab on the side to pull down. I use an Uplula for all my center fire magazines.

Uplula are awesome. Of course, the burly guys insist they can do it just as fast without one but I'm not burly.

I have one of those loader things mentioned above for my .22 pistol, also. They are great.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Uplula are awesome. Of course, the burly guys insist they can do it just as fast without one but I'm not burly. I have one of those loader things mentioned above for my .22 pistol, also. They are great.

I like to compare Uplula's and other magloaders to microwave ovens, and remote controls on TV's. Once you have one, you'll wonder how you ever lived so long without it.

Roger just came out with their own 10/22 loader and unloader.
Check their website. Have no idea how well they work.

I ordered one. should get it in a week. Can't wait. My thumb is already thanking me for it.

Originally Posted by EdwardC

I've never thought was an issue or had any issue with my SR22 magazines, they're some of the easiest handgun mags I've ever loaded hands down.

Originally Posted by Balrog006
I've never thought was an issue or had any issue with my SR22 magazines, they're some of the easiest handgun mags I've ever loaded hands down.

You can say that about most .22 semi auto pistol magazines. I've never found it to be a "problem" loading any of them. (Except for my Beretta .22's for the reasons I mentioned above). But a magazine loader makes it much easier. Especially over time, and several hundred rounds.

That's great that some of you have no issues with loading your magazine, but this newbie's thumb isn't enjoying it.
lol.gif

I received the item in yesterday and immediately tried it. So much easier, faster and no more pain or calluses on the thumb!! Awesome awesome awesome! I don't ever see me not using this tool, ever again. If you haven't used one, you gotta try it!

Thank you billt460!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Eosyn
I received the item in yesterday and immediately tried it. So much easier, faster and no more pain or calluses on the thumb!! Awesome awesome awesome! I don't ever see me not using this tool, ever again. If you haven't used one, you gotta try it!

Thank you billt460!

I'm glad it worked out well for you. .22 semi auto pistols are a blast to shoot, and reloading the magazines quickly becomes a big PITA. A magazine loader makes it effortless.

I have always used thumb. Shooting CCI Stingers can be hard to load in a magazine loader as they are slightly longer that standard LR. I like to try to get around 5 so your not running out every other second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back