Ruger Mini-14, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by umungus1122

Yep, Ruger just does not(or at least didn't) build them to be tack drivers. Inconsistent gas block pressure on the barrel, creepy trigger, etc. https://www.offthegridnews.com/self-defense/the-ruger-mini-14s-biggest-problem-and-how-to-fix-it/

They corrected a lot of problems with the newer models. Heavier tapered barrels on even the ranch rifles. And they improved the gas port somewhat. If one puts one of the barrel stabilization products on it like true-shot or accustrut, even a ranch rifle can have pretty consistent groupings. Not competition class groups, but more than adequate for general purpose and it gives them a more true M-14 type of look. One can even get adjustable gas blocks.

In the big picture, if the sight of a Mini-14 turns you on, get it and make a project out of it.

If you want an accurate rifle out of the box, get a good AR-15 or anything else.

My Ranch rifle is here to stay warts and all, when I've fixed all it's faults, I'll have learned something by direct
experience that you can't get out of a box!

Saw my first Mini-14 in 1975 in a dry goods store of all places! Shot my first AC556 at Knob Creek in Kentucky!

YOLO! & LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back