NASCAR Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when you make too many rules, everyone is required to be exactly the same, no one actually races and the "standings" are corruptly manipulated.

David Hoots who is/was the race director for the Cup series was one of them. Also John McMullin Jr who if you watched races was the gentleman with the beard in victory lane who took care of guiding the car in and placing all the sponsor signs on the car.

Originally Posted by JLTD
That's what happens when you make too many rules, everyone is required to be exactly the same, no one actually races and the "standings" are corruptly manipulated.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Congratulations, Logano......not

Last edited:
This is a classic deal when you want to sell a company, fire people so bottom line looks better, combine companies so you can show larger income-NASCAR/ISC. quarterly results instantly look better. Like in the movie Trading Places when the Duke brothers are loosing everything SELL SELL SELL. They have killed the racing and the fun it had thirty years ago and I is not coming back with the new crew of twenty somethings that most people hardly heard of but a few and I see no easy fix as they don't listen to customers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Now would be a good time for true stock car racing to return but it never will, too bad.

I wonder if the Race Team Alliance will pull a Champ Car and create their own series.

Now would be a good time for true stock car racing to return but it never will, too bad.

Would be the best time to go old school...

Originally Posted by daves87rs

Racing Crown Vics?

^^^^^^

True indeed.

Originally Posted by CT8

Racing Crown Vics?

Nah fool
lol.gif

How about steel body 69 Camaro cars??? Or Ford Shelby's??? Plymouth Superbirds??

Even if these cars were "replicas" of those cars... That would be far better than a doggone Toyota Camry.... Or Ford Fusion....

I was thinking about those "fake" cars NASCAR runs.

In the future, maybe we'll see races involving cars with anti-lane-change tech and collision avoidance?

Originally Posted by JLTD

Isn't all of racing like that? You want to see a turbine powered car or something?

NASCAR died when # 3 was tragically killed.

Its now so boring people stay home and watch Kim K and her sisters on TV instead of watching cars going around an oval.

Originally Posted by Kira
I was thinking about those "fake" cars NASCAR runs.

In the future, maybe we'll see races involving cars with anti-lane-change tech and collision avoidance?

Along with souped-up Teslas and Praises haha!

If they would just go back to the older rules and methods it would pick up fans again. I don't think its dead but it is dying a slow, painful death at current.

They lost all old hard core fans when they let Toyota in, a Japanese V6 family car should have never been allowed in the series, period.

I feel its going in the right direction now with Ford using the Mustang and Chevy using the Camaro. Those are true, rear wheel drive sports cars. But it may be too late. And of course, the Camry is still buying wins with Toyota's deep pockets and massive desire to take over.

The bodies need to remain consistent with the production car and if it wasn't offered with RWD and a V8 engine, it should not be allowed to compete. Get rid of all the stage racing and chase BS and go back to the tried and true way of racing, and get rid of the excess "cookie cutter" 1.5 mile tracks, add more road courses and short tracks like Martinsville and Bristol. It can be saved, but will the current ownership do it, likely not.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
If they would just go back to the older rules and methods it would pick up fans again. I don't think its dead but it is dying a slow, painful death at current.

They lost all old hard core fans when they let Toyota in, a Japanese V6 family car should have never been allowed in the series, period.

I feel its going in the right direction now with Ford using the Mustang and Chevy using the Camaro. Those are true, rear wheel drive sports cars. But it may be too late. And of course, the Camry is still buying wins with Toyota's deep pockets and massive desire to take over.

The bodies need to remain consistent with the production car and if it wasn't offered with RWD and a V8 engine, it should not be allowed to compete. Get rid of all the stage racing and chase BS and go back to the tried and true way of racing, and get rid of the excess "cookie cutter" 1.5 mile tracks, add more road courses and short tracks like Martinsville and Bristol. It can be saved, but will the current ownership do it, likely not.

Yes, and I don't know what they were thinking when they allowed Toyota in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back