Can I mix Castrol 0w40 made from Belgium and Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I recieved some leftover oil from a friend which was a couple of 5qt juggs of castrol 0w40 and 6 1qt castrol 0w40. The 5qt juggs says they are made from belgium yet the 1 quart single bottles are made from Germany, both EU formula. My car takes 7 quarts so I figured I use One jugg and 2 single quarts. Is it ok to mix them even though ones from germany and ones from belgium? Thanks

Originally Posted by AMGTHIS
Hmmm I recieved some leftover oil from a friend which was a couple of 5qt juggs of castrol 0w40 and 6 1qt castrol 0w40. The 5qt juggs says they are made from belgium yet the 1 quart single bottles are made from Germany, both EU formula. My car takes 7 quarts so I figured I use One jugg and 2 single quarts. Is it ok to mix them even though ones from germany and ones from belgium? Thanks

Same formula, same suppliers. Go for it.

Considering Germany invaded Belgium in WWII, I'm not sure that would be a good idea.
laugh.gif

You know, the oil will not understand each other in the engine.
Half of Belgium speak French and half speak Dutch while the German speak German.

So, they will mix but may not be able to talk to each other.
Then it becomes like I Love Lucy. LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Considering Germany invaded Belgium in WWII, I'm not sure that would be a good idea.
laugh.gif

Agree. It's likely to explode. Better go to both countries, pick up the correct amount to add to what you have for an OCI.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
laugh.gif

They are getting along better now, so I think it will be OK.

What would make you feel the need to ask if the oils could be mixed? Curious I wonder about how people get ideas.

Originally Posted by JMJNet
You know, the oil will not understand each other in the engine.
Half of Belgium speak French and half speak Dutch while the German speak German.

So, they will mix but may not be able to talk to each other.
Then it becomes like I Love Lucy. LOL!!!

thumbsup2.gif

Yes, but I have a "Translator" additive that will allow them to speak to each other. $135.00 and contained in a 2 oz. syringe. Shipping is free, but wait. for an extra shipping charge you will get two, I repeat two, syringes.

It will also makes your favorite beverages taste better!
coffee2.gif
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back