Maybe E-10 is better? - PentaStar (Flex Fuel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from 350 mile drive E10 Circle k. Filled up got 19.2 with econ button on so not worth to gain of .5 mpg. When I got home I still have just under half a tank and dash shows 27.5 mpg. I tend to believe it since i reset before i left and according to fulley it is always within a gallon when reset before a tank. Did notice rough filling idle after running on interstate and restart when I stopped to stretch but rpm was steady so I attributed that to some harsh acceleration getting around traffic therefore mounts are softer. No problems.

Any updates yet, Stevie, or have you not put on enough miles over the holidays?
wink.gif

Garak,

Yeah the hot stumble turned out to be the Coolant Temperature sensor. I changed that and the problem has now gone away... I burned a few tanks of gas and the engine is running so smooth I find myself looking at the tach at the lights to make sure it didn't stall out on me. I posted another thread in the Mechanical Maintenance forum about it: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru.../pentastar-hot-stumble-fixed#Post4973413

Last edited:
No worries... I guess with the Chrysler holding the engine as lean as possible and not using Mass Air Flow in their calculations but opting for a MAP sensor and air temperature sensor only, it's crucial this sensor be dead on with little room for not being calibrated and it was that I think I was able to feel during certain situations like hot-restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back