2005 (9th gen) Corolla Trans D&F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the differential fluid separate from the automatic transmission fluid on this car?
Does anyone know about how much fluid comes out on a simple D&F on the ‘05 Corolla?

(Background—while it doesn't really matter for my simple questions above: this car has 291,000 miles, is functioning properly, has had dealership trans flushes at every 90k-100k miles. Fluid still "looks" good, so I'm confident flush would be safe again, but am past paying for it...just curious about my original questions above that are specific to this model.)

I have a 2008...the last year of that generation. When I drain the A/T I usually get out close to 4 quarts...(I find that I get more out when drained cold....approx. 3.75 qts. to 3.5 when warm)...I have 117K on the car and have D&R'd it approximately every 30K using Toyota IV or Mobil 3309 and LG Red. On my next change I plan on using Castrol IMV because my case of Mobil 3309 is gone.

PS: I've never done the differential because it's not mentioned in the owners manual.

Last edited:
3.2 qts when cold. 3.4 qts when warm. The diff and trans are all one unit, total fluid capacity is 8.0 qts. Dont forget to replace the crush washer.

Will do, thanks. And—I should use T-IV and not WS, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back