Winter weather stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going too fast and lacking respect for yourself, other drivers and the weather will get you nowhere good. Luckily no one died that I have heard and no Honda/Acura were harmed. Please stay alert on the road.

_20190112_013923.JPG

_20190112_013844.JPG

_20190112_013747.JPG

_20190112_013700.JPG

and no Honda/Acura were harmed

The most important part
wink.gif
I give more lee way to fellow Honda/Acura drivers when I'm driving.

Winter weather stupidity is taking pictures with your phone while driving in bad weather...

Lacking respect for yourself, other drivers, and the weather.
Luckily, no one died...

Please stay alert on the road and put that phone away!!!!!!

That wreck is nothing and doesn't deserve a thread. Drive on a snow covered freeway when the plow truck drivers cant keep up.

Winter weather stupidity is Californians who are new to Colorado.
They buy SUV's and think they can drive 60 MPH in snow conditions.

Yes, ladies and gents its time for the winter driving follies for the professional snow drivers. As you well know everyone is an expert in the snow and ice. We prove it each year. Let us not forget those sunny days can be just as reckless as snow and rain days...My best guess--we all are too distracted and arrogant when we get behind the wheel and never leave enough time to get to a destination.

School zones are the worst- half asleep drivers most of them- way stressed ... #2-women putting on makeup while driving,,,unbelievable IMHO

But as you all know-- I am the perfect driver--lmao

Looks like rain to me...what was the temperature?

And I'm VERY surprised no one else noticed the 8500rpm on the tach.....

Originally Posted by JLTD
Looks like rain to me...what was the temperature?

And I'm VERY surprised no one else noticed the 8500rpm on the tach.....

i noticed that as well but looked again ! and the speedo is showing 15 mph ( i would hope hope not 115)

Driver exhibits general stupidity posting pictures they took while driving to call out other drivers stupidity... Got it.

Put the phone/camera down and drive.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Driver exhibits general stupidity posting pictures they took while driving to call out other drivers stupidity... Got it.

Yeah, but if they didn't, we wouldn't have these amazing, breathtaking images of OP redlining his car while attempting to take poor quality pics.
smirk.gif

I agree OP. Thanks for posting Marco620. I don't like watching/reading news of fatalities. We are a very fragile species.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by MNgopher

Yeah, but if they didn't, we wouldn't have these amazing, breathtaking images of OP redlining his car while attempting to take poor quality pics.
smirk.gif

You didnt look close enough.. he was going 15mph.

Stuck in traffic at 15mph with adequate following distance..
that is better than many cops around here..
they usually have their phone stuck to their head or texting while speeding 20mph over the limit.
and/or using their lights to bypass a red light (but not on a call)

Originally Posted by Rand
You didnt look close enough.. he was going 15mph.

Stuck in traffic at 15mph with adequate following distance..
that is better than many cops around here..
they usually have their phone stuck to their head or texting while speeding 20mph over the limit.
and/or using their lights to bypass a red light (but not on a call)

15 according to you. We can't see the whole inst cluster. Could be 115
lol.gif

Dunno the laws where you are, but in Canada that's considered "driving" and OP was using his cell phone.
Last time I checked, the police don't compare distracted drivers to the speeds they were doing.
As long as the vehicle is moving and there's a device distracting the driver that's considered "distracted driving" and affects everyone

Not every state had distracted driving laws. Arizona was one of the first states to propose it 10 years ago but it still hasn't passed. A cop was just killed by a texting driver, now they'll pass it. Of course a law on the books doesn't guarantee it won't happen as the talking heads seem to be screaming right now on the news.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Not every state had distracted driving laws. Arizona was one of the first states to propose it 10 years ago but it still hasn't passed. A cop was just killed by a texting driver, now they'll pass it. Of course a law on the books doesn't guarantee it won't happen as the talking heads seem to be screaming right now on the news.

It's illegal around me and I'd swear over half the drivers I see are using the phones...

Don't care what speed the Op was driving. Here it is a distracted driving ticket, period. Fumbling with your cell phone in your hand at any speed qualifies for that ticket here. Of course, one can still talk on their cell phone legally, but that's another story.

In Nebraska only texting is banned, so it's ok to take pictures and play games and of course talk on cell phones while driving. I wonder what it's going to take before they come up with some way to disable phones or block the signal once the vehicle is moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back