This is why rockauto charges 23.63 shipping for that air filter.
Actually let’s discuss that. If it travels by Fedex, you get an Email of the details.
The two filters were picked up by Fedex in Sugarland, Texas on Tuesday at 9:00 AM.
- arrived at Houston airport at 2:30 PM. Tuesday
- arrived at Memphis, Tennessee at 7:55 AM Wednesday
- left Memphis at 4:09 AM Thursday
- arrived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada at 8:36 AM Thursday.
- arrived in Cranbrook, BC 8:18 AM Friday
- arrived at my home 2:41 PM Friday.
I wasn’t home, so the driver, Rob, from Dakota transport, left it on my covered deck and placed four dog biscuits on it for my dog, Coco.
Total shipping cost? $12.94 US.
The filters themselves were $6.74 US each. Total cost including shipping was $13.21 US each. They sell at Canadian Tire for $28.00 CAN each ( $21 US each).
So things worked out for me. A low discounted price on the filters, an amazingly efficient supply chain including a very fast clearance at Canadian customs, and in spite of the exchange rate, I still got a very much better price compared to the over priced filter at Canadian Tire. YRMV.