Any stroopwafel fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These things are addictive.
smile.gif

[Linked Image]

Good stuff there.

Always bring some back from Amsterdam when I go.

While there I get them right off the griddle.

There is a stroopwafel stand at the trade show.

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave
While there I get them right off the griddle.
Nice! I pop mine in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up.

I have a pack in my pantry. They are good. We have an employee in Germany and when she comes to visit, she brings them. I even received on a flight. I forget which airline it was.

My wife loves those and buys them every time we take a scuba trip to the Dutch West Indies.

Me, I'm not a fan of stroopwaffles but instead enjoy the Sultana brand fruit filled biscuits - kind of like miniature Pop-Tarts but much better IMO. I especially like these with fresh goat cheese spread on them. Good scuba surface interval snacks!

https://www.worldwideholland.com/fo...biscuit-forest-fruits-218-gr?language=en

Last edited:
My brother in-law brings them form the Netherlands when he visits. He says the way they eat them over there is they put one on top of their coffee and the steam/heat softens them. My wife loves them, I really don't care for them all that much but will eat one or two.

My mother in law is Dutch, so I was introduced to them many years ago. We've had two trips to the Netherlands to visit family and my suitcase was packed full of them and other Dutch treats (love the salted licorice as well) on the flight back to the states both times!

we sell em at meijer in the international foods isle. if you're up here in meijer land (MI, OH, IN, KY, IL, WI)

(Meijer Family were Dutch immigrants in the first part of the 20th Century.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back