Recent Topics
Is this a battery issue or starter issue or ?
by simple_gifts. 03/18/19 06:24 PM
f250 - Friction modifier needed... which brand
by NattyBoh. 03/18/19 05:35 PM
Michelin's New All-Weather Tire for HD Pickups
by SubLGT. 03/18/19 04:36 PM
Interesting FaceBook argument
by ad_infinitum. 03/18/19 04:36 PM
2000 Silverado Power Steering Pump
by Gito. 03/18/19 04:35 PM
New Full Synthetic Oil from Dollar General
by TheLawnRanger. 03/18/19 04:31 PM
Supertech VS Redline - Project Farm
by StevieC. 03/18/19 03:01 PM
How to fix swollen deckwood
by RazorsEdge. 03/18/19 01:52 PM
Which is more important: Oil or Filter?
by RDY4WAR. 03/18/19 01:45 PM
Dishonest car dealership?
by aquariuscsm. 03/18/19 01:21 PM
Phillips 66 Shield Choice $1.99 @ Orscheln
by Pat in Speedway. 03/18/19 12:41 PM
Barely there back seats
by y_p_w. 03/18/19 11:47 AM
should i be afraid of the DCT ?
by WhyMe. 03/18/19 11:28 AM
Friction modifiers
by Truckedup. 03/18/19 10:57 AM
Sometimes, choices are made for you!
by addyguy. 03/18/19 10:30 AM
I Hope This Amuses You Guys Like It Did Me
by NYEngineer. 03/18/19 10:27 AM
New Exmark Lazer Z / Oil ?
by johnD2. 03/18/19 10:13 AM
First welder recommendation
by Astro14. 03/18/19 09:55 AM
Newest Members
MadMikesMech, Indyfordfan, toplscuda, swrve, TomRx
67549 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
114 registered members (2K2AcuraTL, ABerns, AP9, ARCOgraphite, 92saturnsl2, 853okg, 11 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 66 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics286,024
Posts4,901,070
Members67,549
Most Online2,967
Mar 10th, 2019
Donate to BITOG
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anyone replace a cruze turbo? #4976270
01/11/19 04:28 PM
01/11/19 04:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 314
Washington
Dylan1303 Offline OP
Dylan1303  Offline OP

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 314
Washington
About to do the job soon. I got a used 3 mile turbo for it and it has all the lines still. What else do i need, i know i need new header bolts and the exhaust manifold gasket. Am i missing anything?


12 cruze rs 1.4t 6spd pp 5w30 tuned on 22psi
13 equinox 2.4 awd pp 5w30
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976276
01/11/19 04:38 PM
01/11/19 04:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Imp4 Offline
Imp4  Offline

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Yes, with a Civic...


2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 - 162k+
Grandma's creampuff...
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976285
01/11/19 04:52 PM
01/11/19 04:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,355
Central Florida
Mr Nice Offline
Mr Nice  Offline

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,355
Central Florida
Cruze forums should have a lot more info.

It should be an easy replacement of the turbo.

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976296
01/11/19 05:07 PM
01/11/19 05:07 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,942
Santa Barbara, CA
bdcardinal Offline
bdcardinal  Offline

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,942
Santa Barbara, CA
I think The Critic has.


2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack
1995 Ford Mustang GT

Ford/Mazda Parts Counter
NRA Benefactor Member
Opinions expressed are my own.
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976301
01/11/19 05:15 PM
01/11/19 05:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,257
OH
SatinSilver Offline
SatinSilver  Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,257
OH
Here is the thread where the Critic did the repair to the turbo on a Cruze.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4560504/2012_Cruze_1.4T_Turbo_Replacem

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Imp4] #4976336
01/11/19 06:01 PM
01/11/19 06:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,447
Somewhere
itguy08 Offline
itguy08  Offline

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,447
Somewhere
Originally Posted by Imp4
Yes, with a Civic...

Why would he downgrade? It's not like the Civic is immune to engine issues....

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976345
01/11/19 06:11 PM
01/11/19 06:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 314
Washington
Dylan1303 Offline OP
Dylan1303  Offline OP

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 314
Washington
The turbo is fine. Its the wastegate thats the problem. Too bad the wastegate is built onto the turbo. Im tuned and the wg had to much play. Its causing me to overboost. But if i put it back to stock im sure it will make in alot longer. It has 97k on the stock turbo.


12 cruze rs 1.4t 6spd pp 5w30 tuned on 22psi
13 equinox 2.4 awd pp 5w30
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: itguy08] #4976375
01/11/19 06:41 PM
01/11/19 06:41 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Imp4 Offline
Imp4  Offline

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Originally Posted by itguy08
Originally Posted by Imp4
Yes, with a Civic...

Why would he downgrade? It's not like the Civic is immune to engine issues....
LOL
Please...
To each his own....
I'll take my wallet elsewhere....
"Real people" ads notwithstanding....

Last edited by Imp4; 01/11/19 06:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 - 162k+
Grandma's creampuff...
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976451
01/11/19 08:05 PM
01/11/19 08:05 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,447
Somewhere
itguy08 Offline
itguy08  Offline

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,447
Somewhere
Civic 1.5L engines are the same as the CR-V and are having issues. Honda is vastly overrated.

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: itguy08] #4976635
01/12/19 12:37 AM
01/12/19 12:37 AM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 815
Central Oklahoma
tony1679 Offline
tony1679  Offline

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 815
Central Oklahoma
Originally Posted by itguy08
Civic 1.5L engines are the same as the CR-V and are having issues. Honda is vastly overrated.

Preach. The only decent ones were ~'98-'09 and even then it is highly up for debate. Examples of bad are the Odyssey and Pilot trannies, examples of good are the Accord 2.4L powertrain. My family has a major, major problem believing the criticism. They'll turn away Fords, Chevys, Hyundais, etc. with 103K miles, but will entertain (and have bought) Hondas and Toyota with over 300K miles. Makes no sense. Sure, on certain models/engines/transmissions I'd turn away too. But to to run from a 3800 with 100K in favor of a 2.4L Rav4 with 330K? For the same price? shocked2 Another example, my sister owned a 98 Accord, then tried a pristine Grand Marquis on the cheap (and hated it, sold it within months) and has owned two '07 Accords since. Those are the only 4 cars she's owned. My mom has the same Honda brain injury. She thinks they'll run forever because they're "imports." For the sake of argument (without getting technical) I always ask about Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Fiat, Jaguar, BMW, Volvo, Subaru, and VW. Those aren't imports. Imports are Honda, Toyota, and Nissan only, and only those commonly make it to 300K. duh

People seriously need to wake up.


'16 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L 78k
'08 Chevy Impala SS 5.3L 133k (Tuned- AFM is EVIL!)
Original GM tranny still laying rubber.thankyou
\/SP & WIX FTW
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976704
01/12/19 06:58 AM
01/12/19 06:58 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Imp4 Offline
Imp4  Offline

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Originally Posted by itguy08
Civic 1.5L engines are the same as the CR-V and are having issues. Honda is vastly overrated.

I'll take a 'vastly overrated' Civic over a Cruze turbo 8 days a week.
Then again, maybe I'll wait for the 2020s....... Oh wait...


2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 - 162k+
Grandma's creampuff...
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: tony1679] #4976775
01/12/19 09:03 AM
01/12/19 09:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Imp4 Offline
Imp4  Offline

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Originally Posted by tony1679
She thinks they'll run forever because they're "imports." For the sake of argument (without getting technical) I always ask about Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Fiat, Jaguar, BMW, Volvo, Subaru, and VW. Those aren't imports. Imports are Honda, Toyota, and Nissan only, and only those commonly make it to 300K. duh

People seriously need to wake up.

This is a terrible straw man argument.
Like, you didn't even try.

She thinks they'll run forever because, in general, Honda's and Toyotas are much more likely to get to 300k than the OPs Cruze turbo or just about any other Big 2-1/2 compact car, or a VW Golf, or for gosh sakes a Fiat anything....

The fact that you or your mother identifies them as 'imports' is both true and irrelevant. But it does allow you to make the false argument that because BMWs, Jags and Volvo's are not that great over the long haul then, by extension, Toyotas and Hondas must be not that great also. But it's a false argument, you know, a straw man.

But good try!!!Cheers1


2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 - 162k+
Grandma's creampuff...
Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Imp4] #4976808
01/12/19 09:40 AM
01/12/19 09:40 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,167
Texas
4WD Offline
4WD  Offline

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,167
Texas
Hope the OP gets the help he asked for …

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: Dylan1303] #4976825
01/12/19 09:56 AM
01/12/19 09:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,401
in the shop
sw99 Offline
sw99  Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,401
in the shop


2016 Nissan Versa S 1.6L
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i
2019 Ford F250 6.7L CCSB

Re: Anyone replace a cruze turbo? [Re: 4WD] #4976950
01/12/19 12:29 PM
01/12/19 12:29 PM
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Imp4 Offline
Imp4  Offline

Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 760
Somewhere in time
Originally Posted by 4WD
Hope the OP gets the help he asked for …

I do as well.

Here's how to get the turbo off without removing the header.
Good luck!!!


Last edited by Imp4; 01/12/19 12:35 PM.

2001 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 - 162k+
Grandma's creampuff...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™