Raising Cane's

Status
Not open for further replies.
One just opened here in town a couple months ago and I have to say they are very good and the sauce is tasty but their french fries are nothing to write home about and the Texas toast is terrible.

Was just wondering if they will last only having one item on the menu.

Same question was asked when they opened many years ago nearby. They are still here and in fact are seemingly always busy. Go figure...

They have been around for about 10 years in central Ohio. I've had them a few times. They have occasional radio spots with manager blah blah volunteers time in his community to reduce crack babies, we support the Ohio State Buckeyes and a dog bark at the end. It doesn't exactly go like that, but it comes close

Quite a few of them around me but I haven't been in years. I just assume go to Cheddars or Chickfila for chicken strips.

Ate there in Lexington KY. No reason to stop there again. Have no idea how they stay open. Zaxbys/Bojangles/Popeyes/Chick Fil-a,,,, all in same town all better.

I think i saw an episode of Gas Monkey where they built him a car.. Cane was the dogs name?

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Ate there in Lexington KY. No reason to stop there again. Have no idea how they stay open. Zaxbys/Bojangles/Popeyes/Chick Fil-a,,,, all in same town all better.

I think i saw an episode of Gas Monkey where they built him a car.. Cane was the dogs name?

Yup, a Cadillac.

Raising Cane is the dog. I think that was Raising Cane II on Gas Monkey.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
Ate there in Lexington KY. No reason to stop there again. Have no idea how they stay open.

McAlister's Deli feels the same to me. When it just opened, tried it....... it's just "fast food deli" and I've had better sandwiches at many gas station delis, and the McAlister Tea they advertise.... taste just like instant tea! The place is crap.

I guess you go there to get a "custom" deli sandwich, but really Huck's Now! Gas stations have a better tasting deli selection! ...and who in their right mind says instant tea is our "feature" drink?

For some reason people love the place. I don't see the allure.

I agree with DuckRyder - Zaxbys is better.

One opened in near me and for the first few months, you couldn't get near the place. I finally wandered in after the newness wore off and the crowds weren't as crazed...initial take, meh. I think I prefer the Slim Chickens a couple of miles down the road.

Also puzzled by their logic picking a location - directly across the street from Popeye's and Chcik-Fil-A.

Originally Posted by opus1
One opened in near me and for the first few months, you couldn't get near the place. I finally wandered in after the newness wore off and the crowds weren't as crazed...initial take, meh. I think I prefer the Slim Chickens a couple of miles down the road.

Also puzzled by their logic picking a location - directly across the street from Popeye's and Chcik-Fil-A.

Isn't that the same logic as Burger King? McDonalds does a lot of work to determine what's a good location to open at. Then Burger King just opens next to them figuring that if McDonalds thinks it's a good location, must be good for them.

Around here we have a chain called Sweet Green which is a salad place. A few years later, there's a whole bunch of other salad stores in the same area.

Zaxbys is good, but I feel that's not a fair comparison. Strictly comparing their *chicken strips*, *fries*, *toast*, and *sauce* (I won't critique the coleslaw because I hate all versions)... Cane's blows Zaxby's away. No debate. Especially the sauce and chicken. But if you want a variety, no questions asked Zaxby's is better (Zax salad fan here).

I just don't understand why people hate Cane's for a lack of variety when they make it very clear it's their "one love."
21.gif

Now their prices, well... let's just say I rarely eat Cane's unless they are doing a bogo box (father's/mother's day, etc.).

That's one of the few bad things about living in a small town, lack of restaurants. The only other dedicated chicken place in town is Buffalo Wild Wings but most people I talked to said it's not that good.

I'd really like to try Popeye's just from their commercials but the closest one is 80 miles away.

I while back we had a CVS open right across the street from a Walgreen's, now I notice when in other city's if you see a Walgreen's look around and chances are you will see a CVS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
That's one of the few bad things about living in a small town, lack of restaurants. The only other dedicated chicken place in town is Buffalo Wild Wings but most people I talked to said it's not that good.

I'd really like to try Popeye's just from their commercials but the closest one is 80 miles away.

I while back we had a CVS open right across the street from a Walgreen's, now I notice when in other city's if you see a Walgreen's look around and chances are you will see a CVS.

CVS started in this area way before Walgreens so now it's Walgreens that's popping up next to the CVS. I believe they've both been growing by acquiring other chains. Incidentally when I worked at a medical clinic a while ago, they referred to CVS as a clean voided specimen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back