Old school survivor street truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
It may not be your mug of beer but this survivor of the street truck scene of the early 2000s was spotted the other day. Well preserved and the owner resisted updating it with 20" wheels. My son and I were into this in his teen years.

oldschool.jpg

Nice truck.

My dad had a 93 GMC like that when I was a kid. He painted it red, it was lowered a little with nice wheels, painted bumpers, a flat red cover for the bed, all sorts of stuff that made it look nice.

That's a 90s truck: Monochrome loud colour, leveling kit, stock sized aftermarket wheels. That pin striping and wheels scream mid 90s.

By the early 2000s monochrome was dated and big wheels started to take off.

I wouldn't say well preserved, that grille is starting to chip and I'll bet all the paint chipped off a painted bumper so they swapped it for a chrome.

Nice time capsule! It would be cool to swap in a new engine/trans and drive it around like it is 1997 again!

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
2000s? Heck, I remember these things were hot as Hades back in the mid and late 90s. That's just the right color as well. Looks to be in great shape!

Every other street-rod built in the 90's was that color & had awful tweed interior......I can deal with the loud 50's colors in monochrome, But I'll never understand the tweed addiction.

My son turned 16 in 2000 and we lived in rural NW Pa. Trends were always at least a year or two behind the left coast and 2wd trucks are rare. We went to the Carlisle truck thing in '99 or '00 and there were plenty of this style trucks.

I said well preserved not perfect and agree about the front bumper. I did a walk around and it was nice, probably not owned by the builder but still being cared for. There are some old custom trucks around leading a hard life as neglected work trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back