Milesyn 5W-30, 6000 miles, 2007 Toyota Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from my son's car. He's driving about 20,000 mi/year these days and is a "get in and go" kinda guy. I do all the family oil changes and usually add 1/2 the recommended amount of Lubri-Moly MOS2 which in this case was 4oz of additive along with the 4.2 quarts of fresh oil. The filter was either a Wix or Fram TG. His air cleaner was dirty and we changed it at this last OC.

I've been using this Milesyn in 5 gallon pails for over 5 years now. This is my first UOA.

Regards

Ray

MatrixReport.JPG

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I like that moly!

Keep in mind this is the SB (Synthetic Blend) version of Milesyn. Sometimes I get the pails of full-synthetic depending on price difference. The vehicle runs equally as well on either.

The moly is the MOS2 Liqui-Moly #2009 which run at 1oz per quart. I've used that same product in the crankcases of industrial lathes and mills for about 10 years. I can hear and feel the difference when running the machines.

Ray

That Liqui-Moly is good stuff, I need to pick up some for my 4.6 MGM, it would be a good addition to the Magnatec I've been running in it. Thanks for letting me know how much to use!

Looks good!

I almost got a pail of Milesyn during an Amazon sale, but waited too long and the price went back up. I hesitated a bit because I realized I needed some kind of pump to dispense it easily, and took too long researching pumps. I should have bought them separately. Anyway I may pick up a bucket next go-round. I also have a 1.8L Toyota.

Since I'm on the topic, how do you dispense from the 5 gallon buckets?

Originally Posted by HangFire
Looks good!

I almost got a pail of Milesyn during an Amazon sale, but waited too long and the price went back up. I hesitated a bit because I realized I needed some kind of pump to dispense it easily, and took too long researching pumps. I should have bought them separately. Anyway I may pick up a bucket next go-round. I also have a 1.8L Toyota.

Since I'm on the topic, how do you dispense from the 5 gallon buckets?

The lids on those pails have the typical built-in pour spout. It's a cap with rings and before you unscrew the cap, you pull the rings and a plastic tube pulls-out long enough to make pouring from the pail a simple task. From there, I use a funnel in an old 5qt bottle and just pour from the bucket. No muss or fuss at all.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks pretty good the TBN is getting down there.

Yes, it was getting low. I tend to think this oil had closer to 7,000 miles though. With 5 cars in the family, I don't keep track of it for them. They tell me when they need it and I get to it within the next week or two. He said it had "a little over 6k" -which probably means 6.5 or 6.75k. He's been raking-up the miles lately.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
That Liqui-Moly is good stuff, I need to pick up some for my 4.6 MGM, it would be a good addition to the Magnatec I've been running in it. Thanks for letting me know how much to use!

Some people swear by it -and some swear at it. It floats my boat and makes me a happy camper.

Ray

Is there a great place to buy the liqui-moly additive price wise? I'm curious to try it out myself.

Originally Posted by JoelB
Is there a great place to buy the liqui-moly additive price wise? I'm curious to try it out myself.

Don't know of a preferred source... I found the last batch on eBay for about $7/can.

Originally Posted by MarkM66
Sorry if I missed it. How many miles are on the vehicle?

Vehicle has 149,000 miles. It was purchased with 105,000 miles and I've done all the oil changes on it since then.

Why are you using additives? I believe that Toyota engine doesn't need it. I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke don't fix it. Probably a needless expense. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back