Bike VS Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Trav
Cant watch it, facebook crap.

I couldn't watch it either as I don't have a Facebook account, Is it a crotch rocket putting the hurt on a 'Vette?

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Is it a crotch rocket putting the hurt on a 'Vette?

Yes, a CBR1000RR...... which pretty much no Corvette has any chance against

He even gave him a solid 50' lead on the third try, and still killed him.

CBR1000RR = 0-100 in about 7 or 8 seconds.... good luck, Corvette

Yes but which will keep you dry in the rain, cool in the sun, and planted on all wheels, including when you screw up or someone else hits you?

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Is it a crotch rocket putting the hurt on a 'Vette?

Yes, a CBR1000RR...... which pretty much no Corvette has any chance against

He even gave him a solid 50' lead on the third try, and still killed him.

CBR1000RR = 0-100 in about 7 or 8 seconds.... good luck, Corvette

Closer to 5 seconds flat 0-100 for a stock recent vintage CBR1k, if the rider is very skilled. Which not too many are.

I was waiting for the idiots to have Corvette to launch into the ditch or the bike to hit a car or something.

The video was predictable outcome and hmmmm boring.

I didn't watch the video, but I remember reading a similar comparison awhile back. I seem to recall, roughly speaking, a modern liter sportbike can go to 0 to 100 and back to zero faster than a Vette or similar supercar can go 0 to 100. Puts some perspective on things.

From a dig he's pretty safe - but rolling you never know....

Bike rider was a clown - pulling into the opposing vehicles lane after riding a wheelie. STAY IN YOUR LANE.

When I had my ZX-11 one morning I was running/prowling the 57 freeway and I came across 2 911's one a standard looking 911 turbo - the other an even wider 911 with a tail badge that said "RUF" on it.

We paced each other with me looking in the drivers window of the RUF a bit - and I saw his hand reach for the shifter - I rocked the box down and the race was on.

I know now what it is now but didn't at the time.

From about 65 MPH I was able to dispatch anything previously encountered with ease - until this encounter - from 65 to about 120 this thing basically exploded with the same ferocity as my invincible liter bike.

My Kawi lunged forward like it was shot out of cannon howling to 10K with no clutch blip upshift and back to 10K screaming like banshee - all I had managed was about a length on him initially but watched it slowly fade as the speeds turned up - this can't be happening!

We were neck and neck till about 120 - but between 120 and 150 he started pulling on me and had me by about a length and was pulling when we both shut down

I was in utter disbelief at the defeat and when we exited the same place and he rolled down the window - and declared that bike is really fast! "You almost had me!"
His gal was stammering "Oh my god" over and over and he and I were giggling like kids.

Prior to this I'd never ever lost a race to anything on 4 wheels that didn't have a parachute on it.

Had I pulled into his lane when I got the nose - like this guy did he might have run me over.

If that vette was hiding a lingenfelter turbo mill the outcome once rolling could very well have been quite different.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by UncleDave
From a dig he's pretty safe - but rolling you never know....

Bike rider was a clown - pulling into the opposing vehicles lane after riding a wheelie. STAY IN YOUR LANE.

When I had my ZX-11 one morning I was running/prowling the 57 freeway and I came across 2 911's one a standard looking 911 turbo - the other an even wider 911 with a tail badge that said "RUF" on it.

We paced each other with me looking in the drivers window of the RUF a bit - and I saw his hand reach for the shifter - I rocked the box down and the race was on.

I know now what it is now but didn't at the time.

From about 65 MPH I was able to dispatch anything previously encountered with ease - until this encounter - from 65 to about 120 this thing basically exploded with the same ferocity as my invincible liter bike.

My Kawi lunged forward like it was shot out of cannon howling to 10K with no clutch blip upshift and back to 10K screaming like banshee - all I had managed was about a length on him initially but watched it slowly fade as the speeds turned up - this can't be happening!

We were neck and neck till about 120 - but between 120 and 150 he started pulling on me and had me by about a length and was pulling when we both shut down

I was in utter disbelief at the defeat and when we exited the same place and he rolled down the window - and declared that bike is really fast! "You almost had me!"
His gal was stammering "Oh my god" over and over and he and I were giggling like kids.

Prior to this I'd never ever lost a race to anything on 4 wheels that didn't have a parachute on it.

Had I pulled into his lane when I got the nose - like this guy did he might have run me over.

If that vette was hiding a lingenfelter turbo mill the outcome once rolling could very well have been quite different.

UD

A ZX-11 ( I also owned one back in the day) has about 25 less RWHP (both stock), and 170 lbs more weight than an '08 or newer CBR1K. A stock '08 or newer CBR1K would leave any stock ZX-11 for dead in acceleration and top speed.

Originally Posted by 02SE

A ZX-11 ( I also owned one back in the day) has about 25 less RWHP (both stock), and 170 lbs more weight than an '08 or newer CBR1K. A stock '08 or newer CBR1K would leave any stock ZX-11 for dead in acceleration and top speed.

That's insane

UncleDave,

I don't facebook sooo…. But a Ruf Porsche is about as bad of a "Tuner" Porsche you can get your cheeks into! Fast cars are fast, or are really able to show how powerful they really are from 60 to 100mph, and up to what ever their top speed is. That said, till you have pinned the throttle on a tuned/tweaked modern EFI liter bike, you have not felt what fast is for a motorcycle.

Newer tweaked liter bikes will wheelie in 3rd at 100mph with no clutch, just blip the throttle and pick up the front, then stand up if you got the nerve!

This is why I no longer own a Porsche, or a motorcycle!

Last edited:
Not sure of the point, one is a motorcycle and one is a car. Why the comparison?
Sounds like just a poor soul who can afford a Honda motorcycle is jealous that he cant afford a car like a Corvette.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Not sure of the point, one is a motorcycle and one is a car. Why the comparison?
Sounds like just a poor soul who can afford a Honda motorcycle is jealous that he cant afford a car like a Corvette.

It's like these guys who want to compare Boss Hoss V-8 bikes to all the rice rockets.

Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by alarmguy

It's like these guys who want to compare Boss Hoss V-8 bikes to all the rice rockets.

That reminds me of a guy who owned/ owns a "rice rocket", and was challenged to a race by an overconfident, blowhard Boss Hoss owner. As many times as the Boss Hoss owner wanted to run, he got his behind handed to him by the "rice rocket".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back