2019 GM 6.2 AFM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by milwaukee
I always held GM v8 engines (not the vehicles) in high regard. I think GM took a major step backwards with DI and I don't much like AFM either. I really don't understand what they are doing.

I just don't trust GM to make a "high tech" engine when they have a hard time with plastic door handles and buttons falling off the dash. They were very good at making v8 engines but they didn't even trust themselves to go to port injection across the board until 1996.

Sadly I agree.

Should have stayed with carberators and ate up cams.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by milwaukee
I always held GM v8 engines (not the vehicles) in high regard. I think GM took a major step backwards with DI and I don't much like AFM either. I really don't understand what they are doing.

I just don't trust GM to make a "high tech" engine when they have a hard time with plastic door handles and buttons falling off the dash. They were very good at making v8 engines but they didn't even trust themselves to go to port injection across the board until 1996.

Sadly I agree.

Should have stayed with carberators and ate up cams.

EFI, good cams, and ditch the AFM would have worked just fine.
wink.gif
Oh and ditch CAFE. lol

Well … I went Ford ES … had problems early … dumped it and got the Tahoe …
Went I shopped the 1500 truck I did not want an ecoboost since the chain saga had started and figured it would be easier to remove AFM (if need be) than rely on turbo's then face two huge repairs (chains/twin turbo) …
I drove a 3.3L F150 … and then Chevy 5.3L … more truck in several areas for the money …

There was lots of design work in the L83 and I like the early power over my old 5.3L
Read overview
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/l83/

Last edited:

wink.gif
Oh and ditch CAFE. lol

I just would not let one issue engine in close to 200 affect my perception there is widespread issues.

Originally Posted by dave1251

wink.gif
Oh and ditch CAFE. lol

I just would not let one issue engine in close to 200 affect my perception there is widespread issues.

Me either, but imo in this case there are better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back