Junk Drawer Cables - Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So true, I'm a hoarder when it comes to cables and old DC plug in transformers. I might need this one day.
lol.gif

photo_2019-01-06_23-14-43.jpg

What's funny is I can relate. I was recently given a working Atari 2600, and I was kicking myself because it had the switch box that took the RCA output to a 300 ohm twin lead. Of course, TVs haven't had the 300 ohm inputs for a long time, but once upon a time I had a couple of 300 ohm twin lead to 75 ohm coaxial adapters, which I thought I would never need again.

Originally Posted by Dave Sherman
What's funny is I can relate. I was recently given a working Atari 2600, and I was kicking myself because it had the switch box that took the RCA output to a 300 ohm twin lead. Of course, TVs haven't had the 300 ohm inputs for a long time, but once upon a time I had a couple of 300 ohm twin lead to 75 ohm coaxial adapters, which I thought I would never need again.

I still have some of those adapters laying around!!

So true. My significant other has a rats nest of cables/adapters accumulated over the last 20 years of android, and apple products. I so want to just throw that (self-censored) out.

Dave, I can have my brother pick them up from Virtus and I can drop them in Ohio when I'm visiting my friends next.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
So true. My significant other has a rats nest of cables/adapters accumulated over the last 20 years of android, and apple products. I so want to just throw that (self-censored) out.

I swear my spouse does that to me when I'm not looking... I'm sort of happy about it I guess because I'd be a bit of a "I might need this" pack-rat otherwise.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tom slick
I have some S-video cables... just in case

Several years ago, someone gave me a half dozen longish S-Video cables, and I was thrilled even though they didn't understand why.

I also collect old Apple computers, and the keyboard/mouse interface used until the late 1990s was something called "ADB"-Apple Desktop Bus. It was actually quite ingenious, and among other things used an off-the-shelf S-Video cable.

Even though I like the nice curly white ones, especially with an embossed Apple on the plug, it's also nice if I need something longer than a standard Apple cable to be able to just grab something at hand. BTW, I use an ADB keyboard(Apple Extended) on my main desktop at home via a USB adapter, and the configuration is such that a 10 ft. S-Video cable is quite handy.

I'm bad for collecting relays and fuses from cars going to the scrap yard. Not that relays are common to fail as they used to be but you would think I was hoarding enough of them in case they halted production or something. I'm the same with wires/cables that come with modems / routers both power and ethernet. I have 2 full bankers boxes worth.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back