Milwaukee 1/2" stubby great gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works so well on front end and suspension work, even took an axle nut out but wouldn't do a lug nut on an A4. 6 ah gives it some oomph

2i2mqvz6g09...b3536f01568bb6b88be4e5b8c664bbfee4315913

I see the dewalt gun is censored with that protective cover.

I picked up the DeWalt compact 1/2 impact Gun over the summer and it's been great to remove wheels. Haven't done any suspension work with it, that will be in spring time.

Glad it's working for you. Battery powered impacts can be impressive these days.

Last edited:
Yea we made the snap on air gun cover fit. Mac tools sells a nice cover that matches the one thats on the battery, it wasnt expensive at all either. DeWalt makes the gun for Mac.

How does that aftermarket battery work? I have a 3.0 XC milwaukee battery for my stubby 1/2 but would like another. On the fence about buying a aftermarket one when the Milwaukee ones have treated me fine other than being more $.

Originally Posted by classic70
How does that aftermarket battery work? I have a 3.0 XC milwaukee battery for my stubby 1/2 but would like another. On the fence about buying a aftermarket one when the Milwaukee ones have treated me fine other than being more $.
I've never seen a fake battery in the wild. Milwauknee batterias go on sale often enough that it's not worth it.

Possibly recycled cells? No bueno when you need the tools to make money. My old boss had some worn out M18 batteries and they were such a PITA that I stopped using his tools.

I got a Milwaukee M18 3/8ths impact. The thing's powerful enough to rotate tires with if the lug nuts are not super tight! Thinking about bringing it for my next road trip to save time installing the spare if I get a flat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back