OEM cabin air filter, 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with my new to me 2018 Santa Fe, I replace everything I can, including the cabin air filter, even though there is only 10,800 miles on the vehicle.

This is the OEM Hyundai filter (971333SAA0), not sure what it looks like new (pics look white), but it was a little browninsh looking and was some larger bits of stuff in it.
Not bad by any means, and probably could have been in for another 10,000 miles, but just want to make sure everything is good, so out it came.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I installed a Fram FreshBreeze CF11819, got it off Amazon for $9 (back to $14 now)
[Linked Image]

Side by side of old and new.
[Linked Image]

Figured I would give one of these a try instead of OEM.
I have used various "cheap" brands in the past on other vehicles with decent results, and this Fram was actually the cheapest at the time.
I am debating using some filter media I have from my home ac unit that I can cut to fit, but not sure if they would be any better or worse than this.

I used one of those fresh breeze filters in my Hyundai. It cut the air flow down considerably. i went back to OEM.

Originally Posted by walterjay
I used one of those fresh breeze filters in my Hyundai. It cut the air flow down considerably. i went back to OEM.

Only driven around 10 miles with the sunroof open, so no idea if it has hurt airflow, I still have the old one if it is too much of a problem.

Originally Posted by walterjay

I have also seen that certain after market filters restrict air flow.

Have had good luck with OEM, Mahle and Denso filters. Online prices:
- Denso 453-6037 $11
- Hyundai/Kia/Mobis 3SF79 AQ000 $13
- Mahle LA876 $9

Last edited:
I also noticed reduced air flow when using the Fram Fresh Breeze in my 2006 Accord. I went right back to OEM.

If you're wondering about color of the OEM filter, it's probably pure white. I've bought OEM filters for my Sonata and they're pure white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back