What is Clint Eastwoods ford truck connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In grand Torino he drove a 70-72 Ford pickup. We just saw the mule and his character drives one in it too.

Wondering why he chose those trucks? They were a great truck in their day.

Probably just the truck fit the roll.

The F-series in Mr. Majestyk is a beast, second only to James Brown's F-150 in Get On Up, which was based on his actual truck. He displayed the actual one outside of his house after the police chase. Unlike the movie, he did not crash it through police cars, but it did get shot up.

Here's James Brown and the truck...

hqdefault.jpg

Clint Eastwood drove a 1950 GMC truck in Bridges of Madison County. He still owns it. He also drove a 1955 Chevy truck in every which way but loose. Either way, he likes old trucks and that's OK with me!

Last edited:
Didn't Clint drive a late 50's Chevy Apache in "Every which way but Loose"?

Originally Posted by Chris142
In grand Torino he drove a 70-72 Ford pickup. Wondering why he chose those trucks?.

In the movie, he says he worked at the Ford assembly plant nearby - - so it makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by Silk
He rode a horse in Fist Full Of Dollars.
grin2.gif
Indeed he did. And High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider, Unforgiven...….. Definite horse connection.

Originally Posted by billt460

It was a Mule.
Two Mules for Sister Sara? Maybe Clint has a thing for mules, the subcompact of the horse world!

Product placement takes many forms
The brand can supply the product.
The brand can supply the product and cash.
The brand can supply the product and cash and pick up the tab for a production related party.

What I think is funny is when Marlboro cigarettes appeared 11 times in the "first" Superman movie (C. Reeves, M. Kitter). Superman and Lois Lane meet for the first time and she's smoking. Superman uses his x-ray vision to check for lung cancer.

A cigarette producer allowed a cancer reference!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by billt460

It was a Mule.
Two Mules for Sister Sara? Maybe Clint has a thing for mules, the subcompact of the horse world!

My mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Due his age I couldn't help but crinch and feel sad as I watched Eastwood in The Mule. I felt sad because he seems to have difficulty with his lines and that I was watching the twilight of an actors long and storied career.

Originally Posted by gman2304
Clint Eastwood drove a 1950 GMC truck in Bridges of Madison County. He still owns it. He also drove a 1955 Chevy truck in every which way but loose. Either way, he likes old trucks and that's OK with me!

He had an 80's-something Chevy flair-side in Heartbreak Ridge...

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Due his age I couldn't help but crinch and feel sad as I watched Eastwood in The Mule. I felt sad because he seems to have difficulty with his lines and that I was watching the twilight of an actors long and storied career.

The main character is supposed to be 90 years old-maybe Clint is just acting? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mule_(2018_film)
He's been doing some promotional work for the movie-he doesn't seem like he's doing that bad for 88 years old! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0HRUVVxFFg

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

The main character is supposed to be 90 years old-maybe Clint is just acting? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mule_(2018_film)
He's been doing some promotional work for the movie-he doesn't seem like he's doing that bad for 88 years old! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0HRUVVxFFg

Naw. He's getting up there.

1 hp 36 mph for 1.5 miles . In 1870 a good farm horse was 250 bucks , 4,500 bucks in today's dollars ! Pretty expensive . That's why they hung horse theives back then .A little off subject .LOL

Last edited:
My guess is that it was selected to show that he was definitively old, set in his ways and doesn't buy into the $50K plus bro-truck craze with 4WD, full sized crew cab, big wheels, and possibly diesel powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back