Mobil 1 5w-30 AP at 13k mi; Toyota 4.0L 72k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when Mobil 1 AP came out a couple years ago, I recall forum members wanting to see actual analysis sheets from Blackstone. Well, I ran AP 5W-30 in my 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6 4x4 for an entire year (Dec. 2017 to Dec. 2018). In a year's time, I put 13,000 miles on the oil. At the end of the year, the odometer read approx. 73,000 miles.

I've tried to post an image of the analysis for you fellows to discuss using the picture uploader, so we'll see if it works.

2018 Oil 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No image but I bet is came out fine. My wifes 14 sienna uses 0w20 (M1 AFE, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline Synthetic) for 10K miles (Toyotas maintenance schedule) and the oil looks fine. It could stretch to 13K no problem.

What I would like to see i what a 20K mile oil looks like in a mix of city and highway driving in a healthy car.

Last edited:
Looks good but, if it were me i'd run there regular mobil 1 full syn. for a 6 month oci and see what the wear metals are.
49.gif

Thanks for the report
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

No they don't. I think you may be a victim of THS (Toyota Halo Syndrome).

crackmeup2.gif

You gotta be kidding OVERKILL. Post 4152352 I am familiar with. That is not a bad uoa at all considering. 21,500 miles, no makeup oil on Amsoil's bottom tier 5w30 oil and a carquest blue oil filter. I highly doubt any engine would have better wear numbers than that 4.7 v-8. Any engine. C'mon man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back