Where to download PC games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big gamer, but still play occasionly when I can (PS3 at the moment). I have a laptop and an HD Lenovo monitor next to it for work purposes. Where do you download games these days for PC's? I'm so out of touch with computers. I'm considering getting a Lenovo y530 latptop too.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I don't see free Card Games at Steam.

You dont typically download those to a PC.
you play them from a webpage

such as pogo
https://www.pogo.com/games/euchre

Steam is my first choice followed by, GOG, uplay is last resort.

Last edited:
There's also gog.com, which lets you download offline installers for the games so you can always reinstall them in the future even if the site goes away one day.

Depends on what you're playing. I had a Y570 with GT555m that had a higher clock speed and double the VRAM of a PS3 that could run BF3 at mid-high settings and Crysis ran like a dream at medium settings until the CPU got too warm.

With that you may be able to get away with indie and titles with unconventional graphic styles but if you plan on using the monitor to run games at higher resolutions things won't work well. I know my more demanding titles as mentioned and even things like CoD and Mass Effect were pushing 30-45 FPS at 720p.

Last edited:
Scratch that, I forgot Lenovo started the Y line back at the 500 mark. The GTX 1050 should be enough to play pretty much anything you want at acceptable settings, resolutions and frame rates.

I almost grabbed their dual GPU laptop a few years back. If you get one you won't be disappointed, They just get a bad rap because they bought out IBM.

If you haven't made up your mind go ahead and grab the 1050. I just grabbed an Acer Nitro 5 with an i5 and 1050 gtx and I'm only having issues with BF5. Seems Dice and EA aren't in any hurry to optimize anything and are focused solely on releasing more map packs. First couple levels I played I got about 40-45 fps on Ultra then I had to lower everything down to the lowest settings just to get above 30fps. BF4 is on ultra with 50+ fps as is Crysis. If I had to do it again I'd prob grab the I7 model but given I'm not really doing much but gaming and web browsing it'd be overkill.

Originally Posted by Hemispheres
If you haven't made up your mind go ahead and grab the 1050. I just grabbed an Acer Nitro 5 with an i5 and 1050 gtx and I'm only having issues with BF5. Seems Dice and EA aren't in any hurry to optimize anything and are focused solely on releasing more map packs. First couple levels I played I got about 40-45 fps on Ultra then I had to lower everything down to the lowest settings just to get above 30fps. BF4 is on ultra with 50+ fps as is Crysis. If I had to do it again I'd prob grab the I7 model but given I'm not really doing much but gaming and web browsing it'd be overkill.

cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back