SuperTech oil stabilizer vs Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaffer Oil Moly EP would thicken like Lucas but actually has some additives, I would use STP over Lucas because it also has additives and not just heavy bright stock. Schaffer Moly EP isn't super expensive and available from Amazon.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Schaffer Oil Moly EP would thicken like Lucas but actually has some additives, I would use STP over Lucas because it also has additives and not just heavy bright stock. Schaffer Moly EP isn't super expensive and available from Amazon.

Thanks for the suggestions. Does Scaffer or STP not foam up like Lucas supposedly does?

Then there's also MotorHoney but I don't know what it has or doesn't have.

Has anyone tried Valvoline Maxlife HD oil in oil burners? I have noticed considerably reduced oil consumption in gas engines after switching to HM oil but have not owned a diesel. Of course, the cause of the burning will determine whether HM oil helps, but I would start here instead of additives. After all, it is only a few $ more than normal oil.

Screenshot_2018-12-31-07-33-38.png

Originally Posted by RyanY
Has anyone tried Valvoline Maxlife HD oil in oil burners? I have noticed considerably reduced oil consumption in gas engines after switching to HM oil but have not owned a diesel. Of course, the cause of the burning will determine whether HM oil helps, but I would start here instead of additives. After all, it is only a few $ more than normal oil.

I'm probably going to be trying it. It seems to be thicker. Go check out my thread in the diesel oil board about it:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...onew/1/any-maxlife-15w40-diesel-oil-fans

Originally Posted by Cubey
Yeah yeah, I know there is a lot of hatred here for the product. I'm not trying to ask "should i?". I have used it previously and I'm satisfied with the results it provides.

He did provide the correct answer, though. I'd say you shouldn't use it, but that's not what you're asking. However, his answer is correct because it should be fairly trivial and very cheap for a blender to come up with a Lucas clone. Dumbing it down would be the real challenge.

Originally Posted by Garak
it should be fairly trivial and very cheap for a blender to come up with a Lucas clone. Dumbing it down would be the real challenge.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back