Heater hose connector broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 Nissan Pathfinder with the rear heat and AC...this issue seems to be very common.

while changing valve cover gaskets, I saw where my heater hose connector has snapped off from the fitting on the firewall. It has two lines going to the rear of the car. I dug out the piece in the hose.

anyone else have this and found a quick way to fix instead of buying the $300 assembly from Nissan? I need a plastic hose piece that can go into the fitting about 3mm and then have a barbed hose fitting for the heater hose. Thinking of using some JB Weld to hold it.

Thanks

IMG_0742.JPG

Last edited:
Bummer!

I would bite the bullet and replace the entire assembly. Based on your under the cam cover picture, and the 5k OCIs for life, it sounds like you take good care of the vehicle. Kludging a fix could result in sudden coolant loss and overheating the motor.

Scott

For $209 for the OE part I would just swap it out. Old plastic gets brittle, any repair you try with it will probably fail in a very short time.

Amazon wants $228 but check the other sellers. Quirk is good if you don't live in MA and have to pay the criminals their cut.

https://www.amazon.com/2005-2012-Nissan-Pathfinder-Assembly-92408-ZL90B/dp/B00BFE4XQW

Edit: I see quick connects so that pretty much rules out cobbling one from brass fittings.

Last edited:
While I'm sure you could fabricate a quickie repair, the remaining plastic has likely degraded into something akin to pressed and dried oatmeal.

I had similar break on a Toyota and went to Home Depot and for mine, bought a 1/2" brass tee, with 2 - 1 /2" x 1/2" brass barbs and 1 - 1 /2" x 5 /8" barb. Cost at dealer $165, Home Depot $25.

going to try this and hope it will work, atleast for a few days.

bought this part at Home Depot for 0.56 cents...trimmed it up some and JB Welded it into place. Will let it set overnight and attach the hose back on.

hose.jpg

Sorry to say but I couldn't sleep at night doing that not even temporarily. That can leave you on the side of the road and worse on the side of the road with a badly overheated and possibly damaged engine.
If you really are going to run that at least drill a small hole on each side of the black piece and put a couple of small set screws in there with silicone as some insurance.

Trav

You are right..all of ten miles and it started leaking.

Went to my Nissan dealer and $300 later, I have the new replacement to put on tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back