Base 3.3L Engine in the 2018 Ford 150 Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
No towing forecasted at all, and only the usual hauling of landscape mulch, etc for general household upkeep,pieces of furniture, the random appliance, or etc.

My employer has a fleet of Ford pickups, three of them with the engine that you mentioned. It will do fine.
Compared to an older V8, the idle sounds a lot different and the torque curve is not the same, but that engine will do fine, especially for an "A to B" vehicle.

Originally Posted by Dave1027
I wouldn't get it. You'll end up hating it. Been there done that.

turns out it is no longer in inventory.

Spend a little more and get a 2.7 ecoboost. The 400 lb/tq @ 2750 rpm will make it much more enjoyable and you get the 10 speed auto that the 3.3 doesn't.

My last work trip to Colorado I had one for a rental. XLT 4x4 crew cab with the 3.3L. It did perfectly fine on the flat, but really had to rev it when I got up in the hills. Here in TX, it would probably be fine for most people.

Originally Posted by K20FA5
My last work trip to Colorado I had one for a rental. XLT 4x4 crew cab with the 3.3L. It did perfectly fine on the flat, but really had to rev it when I got up in the hills. Here in TX, it would probably be fine for most people.

Problem is, people hear an engine rev up and they think it's being overworked. Need to downshift more than once in the hills and it's inadequately powered.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Am I the first to ask how a demo truck got 26k miles? Is Ford going to give their whole additional 36k or whatever warranty to the first titled buyer?

They'll discount the purchase price but probably not enough to make up for it. Someone will like the color and buy it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back