1ZZFE Oil Analysis- PP0w20- Napa Proselect - 10,450km - 260,000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Comments welcome!

A huge thanks to Blackstone. Their customer service was absolutely fantastic. They sent me some spare bottles for analysis and took great care of me. Would use them again!

Great results on a very nice car. Was it gently driven? Short trips? The viscosity is still excellent but the flash point was a bit low. Just wondering what could contribute to the low flash point.

Originally Posted by Rolla07
A huge thanks to Blackstone. Their customer service was absolutely fantastic. They sent me some spare bottles for analysis and took great care of me. Would use them again!

Very nice report good sir
smile.gif

Happy Holidays as well and thanks for report
smile.gif

Originally Posted by oghl
Great results on a very nice car. Was it gently driven? Short trips? The viscosity is still excellent but the flash point was a bit low. Just wondering what could contribute to the low flash point.

Alot of short trips indeed. I usually change the oil every 8000km or so but didnt get around to it so figured id do an analysis. I bring my son to daycare with the car morning and night (i work from home) car doesnt always get hot. 5-6 min drive each way...only thing i can think of. I dont always drive it gently. I push it to redline and push it sometimes!

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Very nice report good sir
smile.gif

Happy Holidays as well and thanks for report
smile.gif

Thank you, right back at ya
smile.gif

The report mentions a trace of fuel present in the analysis. From what I remember, doesnt blackstone usually quantify this amount? Unless it's less than 0.1 to be too insignificant to number.

Alot of short trips indeed. I usually change the oil every 8000km or so but didnt get around to it so figured id do an analysis. I bring my son to daycare with the car morning and night (i work from home) car doesnt always get hot. 5-6 min drive each way...only thing i can think of. I dont always drive it gently. I push it to redline and push it sometimes!

Well it is a tiny little 1.8L that makes peak power by redline. You kinda have no choice but to wring it out every so often to get from A —> B. Lol.

The short trips are probably hard on it, so definitely don't push it until it's fully warmed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back