No email notification of replies anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Kode
Raise [censored]? lol

Atikovi,

The notification of the above quoted email was delivered to your email address. Please check your spam folder

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I've never gotten thread notices. It could be something you have to control through your settings.

Wouldn't you want to know if there were any comments after your post? Settings are for instant email notification of replies.

I don't see the button to be emailed with responses, when I am typing a reply. Did it go bye-bye?

I can choose to "follow thread" in the dropdown, but seems like extra steps. Thanks

Originally Posted by Pablo
I don't see the button to be emailed with responses, when I am typing a reply. Did it go bye-bye?

I can choose to "follow thread" in the dropdown, but seems like extra steps. Thanks

I've been wondering about that too lately.
Didn't know if email alerts for some threads stopped, or if they never were turned on in the first place.
I looked in settings and don't see an option to have a thread turn on auto-alerts if I post in the thread.

Use to be a check box on the full editor to subscribe and I do not see it anymore. Do not see a setting for auto subscribe in the profile settings either. Only way is to go to the top of the thread and click on "Thread Options" and select "Follow Thread" from the drop down. Kinda a pain now to follow threads and get replies. This board's software has always seems to be 10 years behind everybody else in use.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Is there an email notification setting? I'm not getting email notifications.

OT, but you're back! Back on topic, I can't say how well it's been working, since I have had notifications turned off for years.

Are you looking for notification of when you reply to your own posts?

Originally Posted by kschachn

What would be the point of that? You're already there. The problem is that there is no email notification when others post replies in threads you yourself created or posted in. It's assumed you are interested in the subject of the thread, or else why post (unless trolling), and thus you want to be notified when someone posts a comment or reply after you.

Originally Posted by kschachn

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back