Cut Open - Mazda OEM BT115010-7600 @ 7,700kms (2016 CX-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM filter off the wifes 2016 Mazda CX-3 after about 7,700 kms. Oil changes every 8,000kms as per Mazda while under warranty. 34,500 kms on the engine. Probably won't do an oil analysis until it's coming up on warranty expiry.

Whatever 0w20 the Mazda dealership put in was drained. I put another OEM filter on and PP 0w20 in.

20181229_162317.jpg

20181229_162328.jpg

20181229_162600.jpg

20181229_162630.jpg

20181229_162634.jpg

20181229_162643.jpg

20181229_162652.jpg

20181229_162713.jpg

Thanks for the cut and post. The media looks good. I am curious about the ADV as well.

Hey , what kind of filter cutter is that?

spasm3, It's a pipe cutter, not a filter cutter. That's why it looks different. Works well though it looks like!

The Mitsubishi Mirage oil filters are very similar to that design, with no adbv and capless element. Pro tip... if you put a filter for a new Mirage (current generation) on an old Mirage (late 90's early 2000's) they will rattle like CRAZY on startup. Lube techs at my dealership did it a few times. I had to correct the issue. Also explained to them why it happened and got the thousand yard stare. Older Mirage MUST have a filter with an adbv. No idea why it's not necessary on a new Mirage.

Last edited:
Several Mazda filter anecdotes with no adbv including the FF by different manufacturers have been posted here previously. It is odd see either media in this case or metal or fiber endcap through inlet holes. If not required though, then it's fine. No doubt a thread end up orientation.

That said, having/using a filter with an adbv and same specs otherwise hurts nothing. Seen it before in subsequent to FF and aftermarket equivalent filters for some applications. Some GM ACDelco FF anecdotes have no adbv, off the shelf ACDelco replacement have them.

As noted, element and bypass looks to be same as no endcap Toyota Thai Denso. Cutter looks to be the Lisle, specs say max diameter 2.5".

Thanks for c&p.

Yes no adbv, I posted the brand new one so you can see that yellow media in there. It was nice to be able to fully drain it before cutting open.

And yes a Lisle exhaust pipe cutter, about $25 on Amazon here was the cheapest cutter I could get my hands on. It is for small filters only, works on all our cars, but is opened to the max to begin.

The media and everything felt nice and sturdy. Costs $9.99 CAD at the dealership here.

Is the 4th pic showing metal contaminates in between the pleats or is that just the light reflecting on the oil?

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
Is the 4th pic showing metal contaminates in between the pleats or is that just the light reflecting on the oil?

That's the seam and the reflection might be the center tube.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

I'd say light reflecting off the oil down in the pleat. Not the center tube, as if it was that means the media would be torn, which I doubt.

I think just a reflection. This is an old thread so the filter is long gone but no issues were noticed at the time.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

No ADBV?
crazy2.gif

ADBVs are not necessary on these engines due to the filter being mounted on the bottom. No OEM Skyactiv filter has them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back