"Correct" method to pour oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Originally Posted by Fitter30
Draw arrows on the container so the oil knows which way to flow...
That works only if your oil has smart molecules.

Anti-glug sideways pouring works great with windshield washer because alcohol doesn't have smart molecules. They stagger all over the place.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
[/quote]Are we going to start seeing marijuana-based washer fluid now that it is legal in so many places???
Tests show that the molecules just sit there, contemplating their gluons.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Sure, if you're pouring a quart into a huge funnel that can hold it all! The correct way to do it with a jug is SIDEWAYS into the funnel-no "glug", and one can easily control how fast it comes out. Then leave it upside down in the funnel for a while to get it all out, or (my personal favorite) leave it sitting on a warm radiator or hose at an angle on it's side to allow as much as possible to run out.

this! this works for all jugs too...

The new 5 qt jug design from Valvoline pours very nice.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Very correct sir as used jug of maxlife syn on brothers friends 2000 grand prix while out in Carlisle PA

Works very good

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Some oil bottles come with an imprinted figure near the neck that shows you the correct way of pouring the oil.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are you sure that's not some guy holding a European man-bag.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

True indeed.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Are you sure that's not some guy holding a European man-bag.

lol.gif
you are right it looks like one!

seems like Gokhan reads everything and pays attention to details. I never look that high on the bottle!
I just look at xwy and buy it as long as y >= 30 ... Since I joined bitog, I started reading some of the details on the jug
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I just jam the jug in to the filler neck and rambo stab the bottom with a bowie knife in a stabby twisty motion. No glugs and I feel like a man as I wipe the oil off the knife on my pants before I go in and satisfy the old lady.

Originally Posted by leeaspell
I just jam the jug in to the filler neck and rambo stab the bottom with a bowie knife in a stabby twisty motion. No glugs and I feel like a man as I wipe the oil off the knife on my pants before I go in and satisfy service the old lady.

Satisfaction is overrated
smile.gif

I don't have that problem with Valvoline ever since they came out with their new bottles that have that small chamber at the top to prevent this.

Originally Posted by BLND1
I always went with the "sort of clean the funnel before use and precariously balance the 5 quart jug on the nearest convenient but inappropriate engine part as you pour, constantly adjusting and almost overfilling your just a little too small funnel" - method.

This is pretty spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back