New 2019-ford-ranger not bad looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting; This is Ford's "New Beetle"; A reintroduced vehicle with all of the simplicity and desirability of the original design engineered away....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Interesting; This is Ford's "New Beetle"; A reintroduced vehicle with all of the simplicity and desirability of the original design engineered away....

No such thing as simple in today's vehicles.

They took the appeal of the original ranger out-- Apart from the engine which seems pretty appropriate for the application, there's not many reasons to like it. No manual trans and hideously expensive.

The author of the article made a great point-- we're getting a "new" truck in North America that was released a few years ago in other markets, so it's a bit like buying stale bread.

I've been wanting one and am willing to accept the potential bugs and issues. I had a custom home built on 5 acres and need a truck.

Looks like an Escape and F150 got together and had that as a baby. As the owner of 3 Fords...that Fin thing is ugly.

How does this not have a leather-wrapped steering wheel?!

*edit* NVM, looks like that screenshot was from a different model.

Last edited:
They never stopped production of the Ranger overseas. I remember some commercials showing the Ranger fording a stream with water going over the hood.

It looked impressive but I suspect that EcoBoost engine will go Eco-Boom with the water going into the intake.

Last edited:
lack of sales..
i do love a ranger for the simplicity and ease of maintenance..easy to find in a stick, etc..

but thats precisely why people dont want them.

Lack of sales, due to a.) losing the meaning of mini-truck and b.) lack of meaningful refreshes.

You had the 4.0L V6 Ford Ranger getting mileage in the mid-teens.

You had the upsized Dakota with a V6 getting mileage in the mid-teens, looking very much like a Ram from a few years back in size.

They both totally lost the concept of an ECONOMICAL small pickup truck.

Meanwhile Toyota just kept selling Tacoma's....

Originally Posted by Danno
Originally Posted by simple_gifts

No such thing as simple in today's vehicles.

Yeah. If you want simple, you're gonna have to go used. Today's buyers want all the features and that makes it hideously expensive. $40k!

Originally Posted by HangFire
Lack of sales, due to a.) losing the meaning of mini-truck and b.) lack of meaningful refreshes.

You had the 4.0L V6 Ford Ranger getting mileage in the mid-teens.

You had the upsized Dakota with a V6 getting mileage in the mid-teens, looking very much like a Ram from a few years back in size.

They both totally lost the concept of an ECONOMICAL small pickup truck.

Meanwhile Toyota just kept selling Tacoma's....

Tacomas also get mileage in the teens.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Curious,what ended the mini truck craze?

$ 4 a gallon gas and rebates on full-size trucks making them the same price as the mid-sizers with much less capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back