They Shall Not Grow Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching " Apocalypse: World War I " and thought it was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It was over 4 hours long, yet captivated me every moment.

Digitally colorized and stabilized, although not to the level of Peter Jackson's endeavor, the video really brought to life events of 100 hundred years ago. It was very well done, narration and all. What was outstanding was the volume of film utilized, coming from all sources.

There were 500 hours of video, showing French, German, British, Austro-Hungarian, Canadian, Australian, American, everyone...all this archived footage...just incredible.

As a student of history, I cannot wait to watch "They Shall Not Grow Old." In the mean time, Apocalypse: World War I is a unique and highly recommended viewing experience.

I can't agree more. From the footage to the narration and documentation. Really well done.

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
I just finished watching " Apocalypse: World War I " and thought it was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It was over 4 hours long, yet captivated me every moment.

Digitally colorized and stabilized, although not to the level of Peter Jackson's endeavor, the video really brought to life events of 100 hundred years ago. It was very well done, narration and all. What was outstanding was the volume of film utilized, coming from all sources.

There were 500 hours of video, showing French, German, British, Austro-Hungarian, Canadian, Australian, American, everyone...all this archived footage...just incredible.

As a student of history, I cannot wait to watch "They Shall Not Grow Old." In the mean time, Apocalypse: World War I is a unique and highly recommended viewing experience.

I started watching that on I think whatever the Military Channel is called now. It was an excellent show and I learned a bunch that I didn't know about WW1. It seems to be a forgotten part of history now, probably due to no-one being alive anymore that fought in it. I remember History Channel shows on it who had a US WW1 veteran and he was fascinating.

Did they do justice to the battle of Jutland? Probably the greatest naval battle ever fought. The naval battles in WWII didn't come close.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Did they do justice to the battle of Jutland? Probably the greatest naval battle ever fought. The naval battles in WWII didn't come close.

Funny that I just watched that today...if you can find "National geographic drain the oceans: ultimate battleship".....yt has only russian version
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back