Got pulled over today😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bbhero
You know what helped you the most by far...

Being straight and honest with him...

In all seriousness that goes a long long way with many of the people working in law enforcement.

I agree....and being respectful goes a long way too.....some cops are jerks but most are humans doing a job....being polite never hurts.

PS: NYC cops are usually pretty cool....they have enough real crime to worry about....(although NYC Highway Division cops...the one's wearing jackboots... would ticket their own mother)…..The cops in the suburbs (small towns) are usually just revenue producers so you usually don't get a break....the State Police can go either way but they are very professional.....

I have the older NY white and blue license plate that starts with the letter 'E'. Most of those have peeling paint because of some messup when making the plate. I could get a new plate but would get the orange one and refuse to get those ugly plates. My plate is not all the easy to read all due to peeling paint. Never been stopped for it. I figure DMV knows I have a 'E' plate and where I live. They could send me a plate but hey have not. My SIL is a cop and says you need to be able to read it from 65 feet. I think it's still readable at that distance.

The times I have been pulled over (over the 50 yrs of driving) I was doing something stupid. But I avoid doing stupid things these days and do not get pulled over. Seems simple.

Originally Posted by dishdude

In all seriousness that goes a long long way with many of the people working in law enforcement.

And Santa Claus will slide down your chimney tonight.

bbhero makes a simple and true statement and this is your reply? I suppose you think arguing, or being uncooperative with the cop is a better idea?

Originally Posted by grampi

bbhero makes a simple and true statement and this is your reply? I suppose you think arguing, or being uncooperative with the cop is a better idea?

I never said that. Cooperate and be respectful, but know your rights and don't admit to anything. They didn't pull you over to make a friend.

I never said that. Cooperate and be respectful, but know your rights and don't admit to anything. They didn't pull you over to make a friend.

Yep. Ideally you want to kiss the cops hiney and make him feel super-powerful and important (this is what they need/crave) while also not falling for their tricks (of admission of guilt/saying things that CAN and WILL be used against you). It's an art, but if you know how to deal with sociopaths you know how to stroke a cops ego. NEVER challenge them outright, they're ALWAYS right and you're ALWAYS wrong if you decide to speak to them in literal terms. Beware

Originally Posted by pbm

I agree....and being respectful goes a long way too.....some cops are jerks but most are humans doing a job....being polite never hurts.

PS: NYC cops are usually pretty cool....they have enough real crime to worry about....(although NYC Highway Division cops...the one's wearing jackboots... would ticket their own mother)…..The cops in the suburbs (small towns) are usually just revenue producers so you usually don't get a break....the State Police can go either way but they are very professional....

They're not "cool" to motorcyclists in NYC. In fact, they have been hassling riders in a deliberate campaign of harassment for years now.

Originally Posted by grampi

^^^^^

Being candid and honest does help... Seriously. It may not get one out of a ticket... True indeed. I got a speeding ticket going 69 mph in a 55... I knew that was totally right because I looked down at my speedometer a 1/2 mile before the intersection of rte 360... No need to argue... It was accurate. And not to mention.... I was going 83 when I saw the state trooper coming up on me on Rte 17 south. So, I was happy with 69 in a 55.

And like I said... The accident with my x wife her actually telling the truth of what happened helped a great deal. Though it took my intervention to bring that about...

Wonder why??

Suspected gang activity?? Not saying that makes unnecessary harassment ok. It does not.

I have been harassed by the local police in my area... Coming up behind me tailgating like 4 ft behind me to try to push me to go just a bit faster so they can write a ticket... Like I'm going 69 in a 60 mph or 40 mph in a 35 mph zone and local police officer following so close I could not even see the headlights in my rear view.. That really was annoying. And candidly unsafe. In many areas around me with deer running out in the roads tailgating is not a world champion idea.

Granted it has been 3 plus years since I have them do that stuff. And that has been a good thing. And when I had gotten pulled over several months ago the young officer was very, very nice. I had lights out that we're over my license plate.. I honestly was not aware of that. I had been rear ended just a couple of weeks earlier. That's why they were out. I fixed the lights myself a couple of days later.

That being said it's not like my area "needs" the money from tickets. It's not a poor area... Far, far from it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PeterPolyol

Yep. Ideally you want to kiss the cops hiney and make him feel super-powerful and important (this is what they need/crave) while also not falling for their tricks (of admission of guilt/saying things that CAN and WILL be used against you). It's an art, but if you know how to deal with sociopaths you know how to stroke a cops ego. NEVER challenge them outright, they're ALWAYS right and you're ALWAYS wrong if you decide to speak to them in literal terms. Beware

This is probably the most ignorant statement I've read, yet today anyways. No disrespect intended but seriously reread that and explain your logic. Clearly, it's based on your personal experiences. Either that or law enforcement in Toronto are different than the rest of the free world.

Wonder why??

Suspected gang activity?? Not saying that makes unnecessary harassment ok. It does not.

Basically, NYC has a big problem with hooligans on motorcycles, ATVs, and dirt bikes. (The latter two are unregistered, illegal, and usually stolen.) In order to make people think they are doing something, the NYPD is harassing legal riders, while ignoring the guys on dirt bikes and quads.

I have been harassed by the local police in my area... Coming up behind me tailgating like 4 ft behind me to try to push me to go just a bit faster so they can write a ticket... Like I'm going 69 in a 60 mph or 40 mph in a 35 mph zone and local police officer following so close I could not even see the headlights in my rear view.. That really was annoying. And candidly unsafe. In many areas around me with deer running out in the roads tailgating is not a world champion idea.

Granted it has been 3 plus years since I have them do that stuff. And that has been a good thing. And when I had gotten pulled over several months ago the young officer was very, very nice. I had lights out that we're over my license plate.. I honestly was not aware of that. I had been rear ended just a couple of weeks earlier. That's why they were out. I fixed the lights myself a couple of days later.

That being said it's not like my area "needs" the money from tickets. It's not a poor area... Far, far from it.

The reason is revenue-from tickets and forfeitures. (That being: banditry under color of law.) Police tailgating was the reason my wife sold her first motorcycle.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Wonder why??

Basically, NYC has a big problem with hooligans on motorcycles, ATVs, and dirt bikes. (The latter two are unregistered, illegal, and usually stolen.) In order to make people think they are doing something, the NYPD is harassing legal riders, while ignoring the guys on dirt bikes and quads.

The reason is revenue-from tickets and forfeitures. (That being: banditry under color of law.) Police tailgating was the reason my wife sold her first motorcycle.

A video of these cops tailgating should be made and taken to the police dept and shown to the supervisor. Cops don't have a right to tailgate, I don't care if they are cops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back