UOA 2016 F350 6.2l Valvoline Syn 5w30 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my latest and sadly last UOA. Truck has been lost to a tragedy but this shows the past 2 UOAs of rough service on Valvoline Synthetic 5w30. First report was VWB at 5k oci

This may be the finest syn I've ever used...great TBN retention...smooth as silk and didn't use a drop. It saw cold starts as low as -41F and as warm as 100F. Lots of idle time and lots of towing. Truck had an aggressive tune as well...

OilReports.aspx.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive overall; good low wear. Fe wear was dropping over the life of the engine.
Love those 6.2L Fords. Just got one for myself this spring. While not as well known as the diesels, the 6.2L is a serious workhorse.
What tune did you use? What power levels were you seeing with the tune?

As others have asked, what tragedy took it our of service?

Great report; I also would like to know the outcome....and mpg (which I'm sure isn't stellar, but a point of interest) when not towing.

Excellent report even with the severe conditions. Sorry to hear about the truck. Many of us are curious as to what happened.

You can tell Ford hasn't started using direct injection on the 6.2 yet. I've driven a 16 F350 around unloaded, I thought it felt like the factory tune was holding it back quite a bit.

The valvoline did so well in this truck for me I considered it for my 2tr-fe Tacoma but the high sustained rpms scared me into a 40wt.

Valvoline is great stuff and produces the best UOAs on this forum imho.

Originally Posted by Doublehaul
The valvoline did so well in this truck for me I considered it for my 2tr-fe Tacoma but the high sustained rpms scared me into a 40wt.

Valvoline is great stuff and produces the best UOAs on this forum imho.

I had a 2006 Tacoma 4x4 stick shift with the 2.7 engine I gave the truck the truck to my son . l love that 2.7 engine, last year put in 0w-40 M1 and it is a great oil. In fact last year the wife sold her 7.3 F250 and replaced it with the 6,2 F350 and I am running the 0W-40 M1 in that engine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back