Threads being deleted typical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A place can never be deleted. Only excavated. I love oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MrMoody
Everything between the OP and yesterday morning disappeared from the Glitter Porch Thieves thread, good and bad, I assume due to the promotion of violence.

Correct

Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
Is it typical for moderators to delete threads on this forum and not send any personal messages as to why?

I can't speak for this site's admin but I can tell you from experience with moderating other sites, forums, etc that giving a reason or reasons is a futile effort. The other person will just use the reason(s) as a way to argue against the moderation action. It's a waste of time.

I moderate on a couple of other boards also. Most well run boards are benevolent dictatorships and expectations of 1st Amendment rights are not there if order is to be maintained.

Do not like the jib of how a board is run or moderated, can always self ban and fade away to someplace else.

Basically. You get people who turn into lawyers about the site's rules, even though the owners and operators are well in their right to say, "because I said so".

The promotion of violence on a website has never been more dangerous. Nobody wants their site to be all over the news because some nut job took his e-toughguy act into the real world.

Many many people are clueless when they try and throw around "freedom of speech" type arguments when it comes to private message boards. I always tell them to re-read their 4th grade social studies book to try and get a grasp....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back