Zepro 0W-20 Venza V6 5619mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idemitsu Zepro Eco Medalist SAE 0W-20 dexos1 Gen2
VOA https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...co-medalist-sae-0w-20-dexos1#Post4768630

Just got the results. High Moly and Boron. @100C viscosity was thin at 7.5 no worst than TGMO. I thought it would get beat-up this summer on the east coast. 3 to 4 heat wave warnings this year.

Update_09082018-1.jpg

Last edited:
0w20 is stout. And idemitsu is top notch it's an OE supplier for makers such as Subaru and Mazda.

R
Originally Posted by Oildudeny
0w20 is stout. And idemitsu is top notch it's an OE supplier for makers such as Subaru and Mazda.

Next time I would use tgmo or Idemitsu in the winter, its viscosity is lower in comparison to PP or M1 makes it better suited for colder start-up. It is a Dec-to-Apr oil for my oc.

Can't go wrong with penz or m1 either.. what's your thought on castrol edge?

I haven't used edge but there are many fans. On this Toyota, I have been using tgmo-winter and PP- spring/summer. 1st time for Idemitsu and it held up. Toyota V6s are know for their Fe wear metals ( 4 ppm 5619 mi or appox. 147 hrs ). The filter is a Fram Ultra.

A side note with a different perspective, I just did a factory fill uoa (used same lab Fabik Cat) on a zero turn mower's hydrostatic transmission oil which uses pcmo 20W-50 @34hrs and it had 9 ppm Fe, 4 ppm Al and 9 ppm Cu. No oil filter.

ZTR's top speed 7mph. Lol

Last edited:
Update: Did not replace the oil filter and refilled with PP 5 qts. The residual Idemitsu Zepro Moly and Boron definitely showed up in the UOA.

dec_oil_Capture.JPG

yup - and Honda.

UD

I'm going to run the Zepro for a 6k OCI in the 2019 Outback. Two maybe, then perform a UOA.

Idemitsu manufactures a "regular" 0w-20 full syn that is used as OEM oils. The Zepro is somehow different, as is their full syn 0w-20 high moly oil.

The eyebrow raiser for me was the VI of 209 for the Zepro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back