Meanwhile in California...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have high gas prices!

IMG_20181224_101339.jpg

Every time I go out to visit family in the northern coast of California the prices are right at $1.00 over what I pay in Boise Idaho. I grew up in California and so glad I am not there any longer. Beautiful country where I lived but the prices there would be killing me now.

Wow it's not even that high in my part of Canada and we usually are far worse than the U.S.

Currently it's $0.92/Litre Canadian in my part of Ontario which is the equivalent of: $2.67 USD / Gallon

Last edited:
California is actually running about 3.25 or so a gallon. That picture shown must be in an alternate universe. I just checked my old zip code -Shell is 3.35/Mobil is $3.31/Sam's Club is $2.89.

Zip code is approximately 40 miles due east of downtown L.A.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
California is actually running about 3.25 or so a gallon. That picture shown must be in an alternate universe. I just checked my old zip code -Shell is 3.35/Mobil is $3.31/Sam's Club is $2.89.

Zip code is approximately 40 miles due east of downtown L.A.

Yes you nailed it. That is the exception, not the rule. Still we are paying a lot more in most of Southern Ca than others. In my area (Northern San Diego County) gas has been from about 3.00 a gallon (Costco, Sam's Club) to as much as 3.55 for some Chevron or Shell stations. For the most part, I'd say the average is about 3.19 - 3.29 which is much better than even a couple of months ago, but still way higher than many other states and way higher than it should be.

As was previously mentioned they have to pay for the "Bullet Train" somehow!

Glad we're not in France, believe it's $5.54/gallon of regular gas though the French government just reversed the carbon tax on gas after huge demonstrations. Otherwise it would be above $7.00/gallon.

Last edited:
Actually, in Silicon Valley, rag is more like $3.29 and wanna be Premium is $3.69. Costco is cheaper yet.
Plus it's about 60* out; supposed to get light rain but haven't seen it yet.
If it get's colder, I might have to put on long pants.

Finally, the Tesla is charged up, so we are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back