Grease gun leaks when stored

Status
Not open for further replies.
the leak does not seem to be from the lever that you pump the grease with, nor is it leaking at the top cap, rather it leaks out the rear/bottom where the thin rod sticks our. I get almost liquid grease out after it sits a month or so.
any cure for this. gun is old but it pumps the grease fine

Last edited:
they all do that if you use M1 grease its way worse.. if you use green grease or some others its very minimal esp if its not stored somewhere hot.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Plastic bag it.

I double bag mine. I currently have Mobil 1 in one grease gun, and Red Line grease in another. The Mobil 1 dips more. I had an Amsoil grease that dripped like crazy. I found pulling the rod out makes little to no difference with any of them.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Plastic bag it.

I double bag mine. I currently have Mobil 1 in one grease gun, and Red Line grease in another. The Mobil 1 dips more. I had an Amsoil grease that dripped like crazy. I found pulling the rod out makes little to no difference with any of them.

Same here.

Im tempted to go to tubs of grease and just hand pack one or two mini guns with greases I use. Less in the gun, smaller gun, less mess....

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Plastic bag it.

Same here.

Im tempted to go to tubs of grease and just hand pack one or two mini guns with greases I use. Less in the gun, smaller gun, less mess....

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Yeah, take pressure off. Seems the more oil out the back gun, the less out the front of the gun.

Take two 1 lb coffee cans, take off the bottom on one, duct tape them together, put a small rag in the bottom and screw it to the wall in your shop. Contains any leakage and is in a handy place to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back